No announcement yet.

loosing weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loosing weight

what is the quickest way to loose weight i mean i know run run run and diet but has anyone got anything that could help me?
    thanks alot

Adderall..........

Comment

Originally posted by thegimmick View Post
      what is the quickest way to loose weight i mean i know run run run and diet but has anyone got anything that could help me?
      thanks alot
      More running and more dieting. Not to be an ass, but cardio and diet are what it takes. The more you exercise and the stricter you are on your diet, the faster you'll lose weight.

Comment

exactly, just put the hard work in and you'll loose weight. plus you benefit your cardio by running so loosing weight and boosting cardio is not a bad deal.

Comment

I used to hit the wall sometimes when I was trying to lose weight for a fight. But seriously, if you have time to change things up a bit I suggest doing that. If you are lifting, try not lifting for a week and then go back to it. If you're running try throwing some sprints in if you haven't already.

It's called muscle confusion and if you keep your muscles guessing it helps you lose weight quicker and gets your faster results.

Check it out here: http://www.extreme-fitness-now.com/m...confusion.html

Comment

thanks everyone

Comment

Cut out eating carbs after 6pm. Load up on carbs in the morning. I have rice beans and chicken for breakfast

Comment

Start lifting weights.

You want muscle to start filling in the parts where the fat is leaving...start lifting weights, higher reps, more sets, less weights. I'd say about 60% of your max...shoot for 15-20 reps.

Muscle eats fat.

Comment

I posted this before in another thread but have modified it a little:

If you have got MS Excel on your computer do a list of all the foods you generally eat. Have a column for grams of protein carbs fat and total calories/kilojoules.

Look at the labels on the food you eat or go here to calculate: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/nutrient.htm

Note what you eat and fill in your nutrition chart, you can get Excel to do the calculations automatically, so you can see your daily calorie intake.

Roughly work out your Base Metabolism Rate - there is a BMR calculator here http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm this will help you calculate the amount of calories you need to maintain weight for your weight/age/activity level. To lose weight start by dropping 2-300 calories from your BMR level and weigh yourself each morning.

Protein should be around .8 grams per pound you weigh, I weigh 77 kilograms and eat 2000 cals daily, normally 140 gms protein 260 gms carbs 50 gms fat. (this will depend on your goals whether you are trying to gain or lose weight, fat or muscle - I am trying to lose about 2 kilograms, to gain muscle I eat around 2300 + cals)

Regardless of the protein/carb/fat ratio it is overall calories in versus calories out through exercise which will determine if you gain or lose weight.

It is a bit of a pain in the arse to calculate what you eat at first but after a while you will know instinctively. I have fine tuned it now so I know nearly exactly what I need to eat to gain maintain or lose weight. Dont make huge changes or try to lose more than 1 pound or so a week.

I dont worry about timing that much as long as overall calories goals are met for the day.

This works for me and cuts out the guesswork, pretty soon you will be able to
                  have a good idea of the nutrition in what you eat without using the chart. Of course everyone is different so you it will take a few weeks to work out you optimum calorie intake level for your goals. If you are gonna take boxing seriously I recommend you make the effort to do this.

Comment

Working...
                  X