No announcement yet.

Bradley eyes hall of fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley eyes hall of fame

Timothy Bradley believes that victory over Juan Manuel Marquez in Las Vegas should secure him a place in boxing's Hall of Fame.

The undefeated 30-year-old will defend his WBO welterweight title against the dangerous Marquez at the Thomas and Mark Center, with the fight live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 1.30am on Sunday.

Bradley has already ended the unbeaten records of Lamont Peterson, Luis Carlos Abregu and Devon Alexander during a perfect 30-fight career, while he registered a controversial points win over 'fighter of the decade' Manny Pacquiao in June 2012.

Former world champions Junior Witter, Kendall Holt, Nate Campbell and Joel Casamayor have also been toppled by Bradley, who climbed off the canvas to beat the big-punching Ruslan Provodnikov last time out.

And Bradley hopes that beating Hall of Famer Marquez, who had his first world title fight back in 1999, will finally cement his place in boxing history.

"I've got a win over Pacquiao, if I get a win over Marquez then you can't deny me a place in the Hall of Fame," he said.

"I will have beaten two Hall of Fame fighters in their prime so you can't deny me that."

And Bradley is determined to enjoy himself when he finally goes toe-to-toe with the 40-year-old Mexican.

"I always call fight night 'fun time' as it is time to have fun," he said.

"I can't wait, I have said everything else in the media. I am ready and I want the world to be ready for a tremendous, tremendous fight."

Marquez goes into the fight having knocked Pacquiao out in the sixth round of his fight, while in the past he has held world titles at featherweight, super-featherweight and lightweight as well as the WBO interim light-welterweight crown.

"This is a new and tough challenge for me but I have been training very hard..." he said.

"Everyone knows me, I don't like talking outside the ring. I do my talking in the ring."

Watch Timothy Bradley v Juan Manuel Marquez live on Sky Sports 1 HD from 1.30am on Sunday.

Fight Outcome
    Timothy Bradley on Pts (after 12 rnds)
    Check out the latest markets from Sky Bet

"I will have beaten two Hall of Fame fighters in their prime so you can't deny me that."
    Neither were/are in their prime. Still, I think Tim has enough on his record to get entry on merit.

Comment

if mcguigan is in...

Comment

And this is why I don't like timmeh.

Comment

provodnikov hit him so hard he thought he actaully won the pacquiao fight.

love you timmy. mean it. you are not a hall of famer.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            provodnikov hit him so hard he thought he actaully won the pacquiao fight.

love you timmy. mean it. you are not a hall of famer.
            How many guys ever admit they lost a fight where they received a gift? Doesn't usually happen.

Comment

Hell if beats Marquez that might be enough; 15 years from now alot will have forgotten he he got a gift vs Manny and just look at it as a W.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                Hell if beats Marquez that might be enough; 15 years from now alot will have forgotten he he got a gift vs Manny and just look at it as a W.
                Not true. Everyone remembers Oscar vs. Trinidad and Whitaker vs. Chavez and even Leonard vs. Hagler, which is hotly disputed whether it should even be considered a robbery. People don't forget when a great gets robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  Not true. Everyone remembers Oscar vs. Trinidad and Whitaker vs. Chavez and even Leonard vs. Hagler, which is hotly disputed whether it should even be considered a robbery. People don't forget when a great gets robbed.
                  And on the flipside in 15 years we'll have people saying he won the fight because that's what the official decision says.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    And on the flipside in 15 years we'll have people saying he won the fight because that's what the official decision says.
                    by "people," you mean Romebyko and Mathed? :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                    X