No announcement yet.

joe calzaghe's padwork is crazy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Is dominating prime Kessler, destroying Lacy, beating Jones, and even if you disagree with the decision, looking good in a tough fight with Bhop that bad of a legacy? I mean Hopkins and Kessler (sorta) are still champions now. The super-middle division was not loaded loaded 3-4 years ago the way it is now. Who would have you had Clazaghe fight outside of Chad Dawson, who is still pretty much a nobody? Glen Johnson? Tarver? Clinton Woods?
    yeah it's a pretty crappy legacy. why even mention jones he was totally shot and was ko'd in one round by danny green 8 months later. lacy was a crap fighter. his resume was garbage and he looked terrible even before he lost to calzaghe. usually good fighters accomplish something notable in their careers. lacy did not. kessler was good and there's a couple other b level fighters on his resume but nothing to be too proud of. did you say he looked good against hopkins? he looked like diarrhea and i can't believe they gave him that decision. after being frustrated for the first 5 rounds he gave up doing anything even resembling boxing and just became a windmill to fool the judges with ineffective work. there were tons of fights out there if he wanted to pursue them but he didn't. he protected himself till the end of his career when he took a couple risks and then retired. a great fighter does not conduct himself in that manner and his legacy deservedly suffers for it.
    Last edited by daggum; 08-30-2011, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jermainerambo View Post
      is joe calzaghe the best on the pads?.......

-

who hits the pads better than calzaghe?...
      One of the greatest "mitt punchers" in boxing history

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        yeah it's a pretty crappy legacy. why even mention jones he was totally shot and was ko'd in one round by danny green 8 months later. lacy was a crap fighter. his resume was garbage and he looked terrible even before he lost to calzaghe. usually good fighters accomplish something notable in their careers. lacy did not. kessler was good and there's a couple other b level fighters on his resume but nothing to be too proud of. did you say he looked good against hopkins? he looked like diarrhea and i can't believe they gave him that decision. after being frustrated for the first 5 rounds he gave up doing anything even resembling boxing and just became a windmill to fool the judges with ineffective work. there were tons of fights out there if he wanted to pursue them but he didn't. he protected himself till the end of his career when he took a couple risks and then retired. a great fighter does not conduct himself in that manner and his legacy deservedly suffers for it.
        And now here we are and Jones is still kicking around gearing up for a cruiserweight title shot.

Comment

To bad he never challeneged himself vs a prime A fighter

True story

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            And now here we are and Jones is still kicking around gearing up for a cruiserweight title shot.
            Really?

Worst post of the year.he will be lucky if huck dont kill him.
            joe waited them out. Ring age keybword. Shhhhhh

Comment

Oh cool. I made the first post in this thread in 2011.

I still think the same thing. He was trying his best to impersonate Roy Jones, but ends up looking like a spastic. To be honest, it doesn't look that bad on the mitts, but then you see how it translates in the ring. Sloppy punches all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

Are you actually trying to imply that Roy Jones was a good win for Calzaghe?

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
                  Oh cool. I made the first post in this thread in 2011.

I still think the same thing. He was trying his best to impersonate Roy Jones, but ends up looking like a spastic. To be honest, it doesn't look that bad on the mitts, but then you see how it translates in the ring. Sloppy punches all over the place.
                  This^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Joe Calzaghe the best Super Middleweight ever, by a long way.

Lightening fast accurate pad work there

Comment

The difference between padwork and a real fight is the same as riding a bike on a runway with training wheels and biking down an untrailed mountain at 40 miles per hour

Comment

Working...
                      X