Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Brook jump on GGG like Hagler did against Hearns?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rahat View Post
    Brook goes toe to toe like that against ggg he will get kod real fast hes only chance of winning is hitting and moving and holding ggg like he did shawn porter.
    I don't think the excessive holding will work On Gennady

The poster Eastcoast posted a interesting video of What Gennady does on the inside a couple years ago and since then I've noticed him do it in fights . He uses the top of his head and Rams it into your chin makes it really uncomfortable almost forcing you to let go and rethink if you even want to go in for the clinch. Great tactic in my opinion

I don't think going toe to toe with Gennady the right strategy especially a fighter that hasn't felt top notch MW power. I think the way to beat him is box with lots of movement in & out. I don't see anyone 160 or down being sucessfull in a gunfight with Gennady I see it ending early for Kell if that's his approach but f.uck it let him try.

Comment

No..

Different styles.. Hagler only went right after hearns, is because he wanted to be in an inside fight and not out at the end of tommy's jab and right hand. Didn't want to get into a distance boxing match with Hearns.. Wanted to be inside.

With Brook-Golovkin, I feel Brook can win it just as easily from the outside, as he could on the inside.. I don't see the need for Brook to rush Golovkin right away,, maybe after a few rounds but not right away

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        No..

Different styles.. Hagler only went right after hearns, is because he wanted to be in an inside fight and not out at the end of tommy's jab and right hand. Didn't want to get into a distance boxing match with Hearns.. Wanted to be inside.

With Brook-Golovkin, I feel Brook can win it just as easily from the outside, as he could on the inside.. I don't see the need for Brook to rush Golovkin right away,, maybe after a few rounds but not right away
        That's playing right into Golovkin's wheelhouse. If he doesn't rush him he should try to fight him inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I think he should jump on him and swing for the fences. All that holding and hitting and moving is just prolonging the beating. The longer he's in there with GGG the more comfortable GGG is going to be.
          Brook said he isn't going to respect GGG's punching power until Gennad makes him respect it. He said he isn't going to fight scared. The fight will likely produce fireworks early. Brook needs to land something damaging early. Something to disfigure the much larger man to have a chance. Maybe a broken nose, a cut in a bad spot. I can't see him carrying enough pop up the scales to put GGG out cold. Though he boasts that he can KO any man with a flush chin shot.

Comment

He cant outbox golovkin, **** it go out on your shield Ezekiel

The special one has skills fo sure, he could counter GGG with something big....you never know!

problem is....GGG appears to have a rock solid chin.

....maybe err body punch the fuk outta him?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              I don't think the excessive holding will work On Gennady

The poster Eastcoast posted a interesting video of What Gennady does on the inside a couple years ago and since then I've noticed him do it in fights . He uses the top of his head and Rams it into your chin makes it really uncomfortable almost forcing you to let go and rethink if you even want to go in for the clinch. Great tactic in my opinion

I don't think going toe to toe with Gennady the right strategy especially a fighter that hasn't felt top notch MW power. I think the way to beat him is box with lots of movement in & out. I don't see anyone 160 or down being sucessfull in a gunfight with Gennady I see it ending early for Kell if that's his approach but f.uck it let him try.
              Yes GGG basically grabs both your arms in the clinch and pulls you into ramming his head. To the ref it looks like your headbutting yourself but he is leveraging you into his head. I can see him being strong enough to do this to Brook. I think GGG will have the physical strength advantage in the clinch because though some say he is a small MW he is very strong.

Comment

He risks being KTFO cold by a counter. Or should he try to box the first couple rounds like Khan against Canelo? Khan was trying to tire Canelo who has had stamina issues in the past. GGG doesn't have that problem. Brook will probably tire first. His legs aren't used to carrying that weight for 12 rds and if he tries to box he's going to be doing a lot of moving. So maybe he should jump on GGG from the opening bell. Rosado said GGG didn't like fighting inside. Monroe Jr has his most success fighting on the inside. I don't know?

............what kind of comparison is this? Hagler was a strong, hard hitting middleweight who had KOd other middleweights and yet you're making him brook in this scenario? Noway can Brook fight like that against a bigger opponent.

I do believe Brook needs to show his physical strength by pushing, or trying at least, to push GGG in clinches, use his forearms and so on but noway should he got out there throwing wild. He'd get killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                  Yes GGG basically grabs both your arms in the clinch and pulls you into ramming his head. To the ref it looks like your headbutting yourself but he is leveraging you into his head. I can see him being strong enough to do this to Brook. I think GGG will have the physical strength advantage in the clinch because though some say he is a small MW he is very strong.
                  Yeah man he's the wrong guy to clinch in my opinion, that's why I don't think what Kell did to Porter would work against Gennady. He's goingto make you think twice about trying to tie him up

It's boderline dirty but I'd be lieing if I said I didn't like it. Great tactic on his part wish more boxers used it especially if they're getting constantly tied up

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    ............what kind of comparison is this? Hagler was a strong, hard hitting middleweight who had KOd other middleweights and yet you're making him brook in this scenario? Noway can Brook fight like that against a bigger opponent.

I do believe Brook needs to show his physical strength by pushing, or trying at least, to push GGG in clinches, use his forearms and so on but noway should he got out there throwing wild. He'd get killed.
                    I'm comparing strategy not fighters.

Comment

I'm comparing strategy not fighters.
                      doesn't matter, the strategy is never going to work with the smaller guy in the ring, how did you possibly think it was a good idea?

Comment

Working...
                      X