No announcement yet.

Dana White: "Jon Jones doesn't want to fight Alexander Gustafsson"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White: "Jon Jones doesn't want to fight Alexander Gustafsson"

Just to clear up a couple things, people think we're in contract negotiations with Jon Jones - we're not. Jon Jones still has five fights left on his contract. So what we're doing right now is trying to get him to sign the bout agreement for Gustafsson. He doesn't want to fight Gustafsson. ... Lorenzo and I have a meeting with Jones on Thursday to get him to sign the bout agreement, and he's asking to fight Cormier instead.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...lex-gustafsson

LOL Jones must have a traumatic experience against Gus.

Btw, Can't the UFC force him to fight Gus? He has every rights compared to DC who's only win in LHW was against aging Hendo.

Let DC fight the likes of Evans or Johnson and who ever the winner should fight the Jones-Gus winner.

Comment

Bad move for jones,,, I would much rather fight a rematch vs Gus than fight that monster Cormier..

Cormier is gonna own Jon jones, and be his daddy.. It will be man vs boy in there and no way does jones leave with his belt... Your better off with the Gus rematch

Comment

Maybe he can fake an injury and then magically recover from it once Gus signs to fight someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Maybe he can fake an injury and then magically recover from it once Gus signs to fight someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
            LOL Jones must have a traumatic experience against Gus.

Btw, Can't the UFC force him to fight Gus? He has every rights compared to DC who's only win in LHW was against aging Hendo.

Let DC fight the likes of Evans or Johnson and who ever the winner should fight the Jones-Gus winner.
            Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! Apparently, you have forgotten his bout at LHW against the proven #1 contender Patrick Cummins!

On a serious note, I agree. He should be fighting against Gus again, then DC.

Comment

I think he should fight Gus, **** even Cormier seems content to wait his turn... Thing is, I think Cormier probably will not only beat him but finish him. Cormier is a different type of animal. I don't think anyone at LHW can handle him...

Comment

it's been signed for september in canada

Comment

Working...
                X