No announcement yet.

Two of the judges gave Barker the 12th round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two of the judges gave Barker the 12th round

Apologies if this has been posted already, but two of the judges for the Geale/Barker fight actually scored the 12th round for Barker even though he was hurt and didn't do much except backing up and then raising his hands at the end. This was probably Geale's second best round after the 6th round where he scored a knock down. If those two judges had properly scored the round, Geale would have retained his title. Here are the scorecards :

Well then obviously they scored some rounds for Geale that should've went to Barker. Barker won the fight.

Comment

Scored the 12th for Geale. But my final score was 114-113 for Barker. Close fight

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Apologies if this has been posted already, but two of the judges for the Geale/Barker fight actually scored the 12th round for Barker even though he was hurt and didn't do much except backing up and then raising his hands at the end. This was probably Geale's second best round after the 6th round where he scored a knock down. If those two judges had properly scored the round, Geale would have retained his title. Here are the scorecards :

Yeah the final round was a Geale round, I get the feeling because of Barkers previous performance in the other rounds they just wanted to give him the belt regardless, kind of like a gift round.

Stupid though.

Comment

Well, that's absolutely absurd.

Geale clearly won the 12th.

Comment

I scored the 12th for Geale, but I still had Barker winning 114-113.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Well then obviously they scored some rounds for Geale that should've went to Barker. Barker won the fight.
              Yeah but most rounds were close, the 12th round was not, it was a clear Geale round.

Comment

shenanigans imo about round 12 especially for Judge Ortiz. Geale won the twelve i have seen that round 3 times and still cant see where Geale lost it.

Comment

Oh well, Barker won the fight. It was a close but clear decision.

Comment

I gave the 12th to Geale but I had Barker winning the fight 114-113.

Comment

Working...
                    X