Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko. Who ranks higher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    Those guys were barely top 20 in the 1990s. Bowe was deliberately fighting scrubs.

Vitali fought the best of a weak era, Bowe fought the weakest of a good era thats why the votes are 50/50 and close.
    Thats a very helpful generalization...a look at the big picture. I would agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Burt Saxby View Post
      Who did he prove it against?

Vitali wasn't as well rounded and skilful as Golota , never mind Bowe.

These guys had legends - Futch and Duva in their corners . Fritz Sudnek does not stack up along side great trainers.

Vitali may have had a better chin than Golota but he had none of the defensive ability Golota had nor the inside game. Vitali was a stiff open target , who always kept his hands down way too low. He had none of the weaving , rolling , slipping and counter punching ability Golota had that gave Bowe hell. He would have been chopped up by Bowe like he was against a past prime , sloppy Lewis.

Vitali's resume was as shallow as a puddle. He lost to the two best guys he faced. (Two guys who would have been easily beaten by a prime early 90's Bowe.) And hasn't another elite level opponent to his name.

I don't know what planet Vitali is better than Bowe and ranks higher than him , but it ain't Earth.
      Your second sentence pretty much destroyed your credibility,yea sure Golota was more well skillful than Vitali? The only thing vitali actually lacked was a left hook,but overall making a statement that Golota was better? Golota better defense?

Im just glad you voted Bowe,reading some of your posts that would kind of make me worried that im actually in agreement with you!
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-07-2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        For points, Ask Weltz. I am not so sure...if its a sig bet then you would just probably put it in your sig that you agree to it, so for example if you wanted to bet me we would both sig "Wlad versus Fury loser has to post a picture of the winner as their avitar." But for points I am not so sure! As far as this bet goes...If you want to sig bet, pm me...but I have no more points to bet (according to Welts).

If no one wants to bet you I will sig bet you. One month loser has to put winner as Avatar.
        I'll look into this when I get a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zaroku
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Psylence83
          The User Psylence83 has just sent you a Donation

Reason: Points for betting
          Thank you! You are the first ever to do this.

A cool guy shared this with me.

How do I bet??

Just post in a thread how much you want to bet. The other user will confirm it. If you win you will get that amount normally within a few days. If you lose there is a 'donate' button below where it shows your points. Click that and enter in the amount.
          Also go into bank and deposit that 100 quad. You make interest off points that are in the bank. When you lose a bet you have to withdraw the points from your bank first. And also when you pay a bet there is a e-tax. Say for example you bet that 100 quad i sent, if you lost and had to donate it you would need 110 quad to pay it.
          Anything else you need to know just ask bro! Think i covered everything lol. I'm pretty **** at explaining things so i prob made it sound harder than it is lol. Once you've bet a couple of times you'll be fine!

By the way to get to bank click on vb plaza menu near the top and go to bank.
          Thnx I will study this when I get a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Your second sentence pretty much destroyed your credibility,yea sure Golota was more well skillful than Vitali? The only thing vitali actually lacked was a left hook,but overall making a statement that Golota was better? Golota better defense?

Im just glad you voted Bowe,reading some of your posts that would kind of make me worried that im actually in agreement with you!
            doesnt matter if golota had more skills than vitali or not becuz he was a mental midget anyway. the mental aspect is huge in boxing and vitali was leaps and bounds stronger mentally than golota. vitali would have either knocked him out or made him quit

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
              doesnt matter if golota had more skills than vitali or not becuz he was a mental midget anyway. the mental aspect is huge in boxing and vitali was leaps and bounds stronger mentally than golota. vitali would have either knocked him out or made him quit
              Golata is actually not stupid, he has issues as they say these days. We had a lot of streetfighters in my hood...they develop certain things, responses that cause them problems. Golata had some of those issues. He also had some other stuff. It impacted him a lot.

Certainly Golata's fragility caused him problems that Vitali would not have to deal with. Vitali was also a stronger puncher

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Golata is actually not stupid, he has issues as they say these days. We had a lot of streetfighters in my hood...they develop certain things, responses that cause them problems. Golata had some of those issues. He also had some other stuff. It impacted him a lot.

Certainly Golata's fragility caused him problems that Vitali would not have to deal with. Vitali was also a stronger puncher
                Duva said Golota was the best fighter he had under him ,he also said the guy was a head case. I believe Golota would have stayed focused he would may have exceed Holyfields accomplishments because he could fight the bigger guys better.

Comment

Duva said Golota was the best fighter he had under him ,he also said the guy was a head case. I believe Golota would have stayed focused he would may have exceed Holyfields accomplishments because he could fight the bigger guys better.
                  Focus wasn't the only issue with Golota. More like he folded if you didn't. That was apparent in the later rounds against Bowe and even more telling against Michael Grant.

Comment

UOTE=IMDAZED;16120494]Focus wasn't the only issue with Golota. More like he folded if you didn't. That was apparent in the later rounds against Bowe and even more telling against Michael Grant.[/QUOTE]

Watch his fight with Samson Pa'hua ! this shows Golota resilience,against very heavy handed puncher.

Last edited by juggernaut666; 10-09-2015, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah he had talent...Its always a shame to see guys who could do so much fall by the wayside because of foibles.

If you took like...maybe 80% of society, any of us guys who have stepped into a ring and had at it would be considered head cases! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X