Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko past his prime at age 35?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    If Wlad is the same as he was two years ago when he fought Chagaev, he'll easily win.

But was Haye waiting for Wlad to get older? Wlad has has a long boxing career, with hundreds of amateur fights in the early to mid 1990s - he won his first world title 11 years ago in 2000. He's been in some tough fights earlier in his career...

Still, regardless of whether Wlad is past his best or not, I think he's still good enough to stop Haye.
    The Chagaev fight was the best I had seen him, even if he has slipped a little which is hard to say because he has not gotten a serious challenge since he should still be more than good enough to beat Haye and I will give Haye a massive amount of credit should he win.

Comment

His style allows him to perform at a high level even at advanced age.

Comment

Yes, Haye deserves credit if he wins. But Wladimir also deserves credit if he wins.

If Wlad wins, realistically, his resume put him top3 P4P in the sport.

Comment

realistically the question doesn't matter so much. wlad just has to come into the ring to do his thing. it's haye who will have to be the agressor but remember wlad is not the slow punching valuev. if haye uses the same tactic he will be punished.
          overall haye is hardly a credible threat at hw

Comment

Here come the pre - excuses!

Comment

I was waiting for Tunney to pull this one out.

Hes in full menstrual mode

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Comment on the main page of ESPN's boxing section:

www.espn.com/boxing

Do you agree or disagree with this comment? Wladimir Klitschko is age 35 now, an age when most fighters are in decline.

I think Wlad looked the best I've ever seen him against Chagaev just two years ago, and he also very good against Peter last September. However, the 9 months of inactivity and fighting only twice in the two years since Chagaev may not have been good for him.
                Heavyweights are on a different clock than other divisions. Wlad recently started adding to his game and looks better than I have ever seen him. The right hook he throws now is crazy. He is harder to beat now than he ever was.

Comment

'So it begins, the great excuse of our time.'

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
                    I am guessing that 'prime' can only be viewed in hindsight. I expect that he is regardless of what can be qualified. Still, I don't think he'll lose to haye. haye is giving up weight, reach and height. Neither have overly strong chins, though haye's is reputedly worse.

Try not to worry about it much. Que sera sera.

War Wladimir.
                    I cant say Hayes chin is worst I never seen him get knocked out like by Corrie Sanders, When haye lost it was because he was out gassed nothing to do with chin. I would say I prefer Hayes chin. But I would prefer Wladimirs power, But Haye has a speed advantage in hands feet and head movement. None of them have a chin of Vitali though, who I think will win Haye, even if Haye does win. Unless Vitali suddenly grows old
                    Last edited by steeluv; 06-24-2011, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Agree or Disagree?

Where is the "Don't care" option?

Comment

Working...
                      X