Collapse
No announcement yet.

mayweather next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesn't look like it'll be September imo. It's closing in on the time for an 8 week camp, and he himself seems to be off balance. Not really training and is out showing off his new piece on the daily almost.

He'll probably shut it down until next May but that lets age set in even further

Comment

Yea I think he should fight in December just so they have plenty of time to promote the fight. I feel like Khan will be next May unless Lara beats Canelo then Floyd will prob either fight Lara or Cotto in December. It's a weird feeling but kinda bittersweet to the notion that Floyd is not that young and youthful boxer anymore and is on the way out of boxing. I mean he is what 37? I have a hard time thinking of any boxers who are still at the top of their game at that age. Say what you want about Floyd but besides him not fighting Pac he has created a lot of excitement in the previous years. I'm gonna miss the Floyd Mayweather era even with the negative aspects of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JabranKhalid View Post
        I'm not too sure if he will fight in September. Maybe Cotto in December at MSG for the Middleweight title? Highly unlikely but would love to see it!
        Fighting cotto in msg or Barclays in December makes the most sense other than a Maidana rematch in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
          floyd is not fighting in sept.. floyd either fights khan in dec. or he wont fight until may 2015.
          ANother very plausible scenario.

Comment

mayweather has shot himself in the foot he has a contract he needs to see out and he aint got no one to really fight...he is stupid imo i dont think he wants any part of khan me bet is that he will take on cotto and they will build it like some historical event when in truth it is for ww championship of the world...make me sick to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by nathan31 View Post
              i think that for his sept 13 date there's no time for floyd to fight on sept less than 24 hours is july alredy and still he hasen't said anything about who he is fighting next i think mayweather will fight cotto on december cause for sept 13 theres no time left for promotion or training and he was suppose to announce his opponent the week after cotto vs martinez!! and that fight will for sure have him thinking the biggest money fight for both right now(pac not happening) and the 160 middleweight title.
              I agree with you. His next opponent will likely be Cotto in December.

Comment

i think that for his sept 13 date there's no time for floyd to fight on sept less than 24 hours is july alredy and still he hasen't said anything about who he is fighting next i think mayweather will fight cotto on december cause for sept 13 theres no time left for promotion or training and he was suppose to announce his opponent the week after cotto vs martinez!! and that fight will for sure have him thinking the biggest money fight for both right now(pac not happening) and the 160 middleweight title.
                Floyd doesn't have a Latin fighter fresh from winning a title to fight to help Floyd sell on ppv on a Latin holiday.

Comment

no way floyd s gonna fight cotto in dec
                  a mayweather / top rank co-promotions....common

and cotto wont jump the TR ship again

Comment

Originally posted by tommyknocker View Post
                    no way floyd s gonna fight cotto in dec
                    a mayweather / top rank co-promotions....common

and cotto wont jump the TR ship again
                    cotto it's on his own just like floyd they are their own boss he just uses top rank to promote his fight that's all like floyd used golden boy, they select who ever they wanna fight what ever stipulation what ever money its involve in the fight its up to them not to top rank or golden boy they have no contract with non of them. plus they both got the money and their promotion to put the event together with out top rank or golden boy.

Comment

cotto it's on his own just like floyd they are their own boss he just uses top rank to promote his fight that's all like floyd used golden boy, they select who ever they wanna fight what ever stipulation what ever money its involve in the fight its up to them not to top rank or golden boy they have no contract with non of them. plus they both got the money and their promotion to put the event together with out top rank or golden boy.
                      think floyd will ask his fans to vote who they want him to fight next.....

Comment

Working...
                      X