No announcement yet.

Canelo Is Not a Middleweight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    Yes, middleweight champion, whose never fought a middleweight in his life...
    He is a Middlewight champion, stop criticising him he would get there, fact is he is a champion at Middleweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
      no i'm not, who says canelo can't have the bigger purse? i mention Hopkins get 16 mils for the fight but oscar made 40 mils in that fight. canelo can have the bigger piece of the pie, he should be he has the star power but GB better make GGG sacrifice to come down to 155 worth it.

No is not because just like you write above it was common for non title fights, but canelo already fight and now held MW title. so there you are Canelo is in fact a middle weight. cotto get a lot of ****s for doing this and ducking GGG, now the same ****s will be thrown at canelo. you better just swallow it
      He beat a guy who came in at 153.5 for that middleweight title. So, yes you have great logic. I bet Pacquiao was a super welterweight, or 154 fighter, because he won a title in that division. If he's not ready for GGG, because he has never fought a middlweight fighter in his life, what is wrong with waiting to fight him a few fights from now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        He is a Middlewight champion, stop criticising him he would get there, fact is he is a champion at Middleweight.
        Not criticizing him, just want to see a fair fight between him and GGG. That's all I want to see, no fighter with some advantage over the other. Let Canelo truly acclimate to 160 by fighting full fledged middleweights before taking on GGG.

Comment

• Technically 155 is well within the weight range for middleweight.

Also canelo had 14 weeks to train and get the weight off. Ggg and his team has stated themselves that if they wanted to make 154 that all they had to do was have training camp a bit earlier than normal.... normal training camps would be around 8 weeks not 14 weeks like canelo did

Comment

Yes, he needs to start coming in near the limit and also fight strong solid middleweights. Although, regarding transitioning into a new division, I don't know if it is that common to come in and fight the top dog in that division. You have cases where a guy comes into the division, but fights a paper champion to get an easy win (Broner-Malignaggi). I can understand why Canelo is hesitant to fight GGG at 160, if he thinks GGG might have some advantages in that fight. I am fine with letting Canelo fight 2-3 fights against good 160 pounders, then GGG. If he needs to vacate, so be it.
            I dont see the problem with Canelo fighting GGG with GGG having supposed advantages. Thats how you become great isnt it? When Duran fought Hagler did Duran have many warm ups, i cant recall and im not going to wiki it, or boxrec it?But dont ask for CW. Sure if Canelo feels he needs warm up fights at 160 then so be it, but he might be underestimating his own abilities.

Some Floyd fans think Floyd wouldnt get credit if he beat GGG at 160, citing GGG hasnt fought anyone yet? So please excuse me if think you might be being too cautious for Nelo
            Last edited by hugh grant; 11-27-2015, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• What makes it all the more pathetic is Canelo was asked a dozen times about fighting GGG at no CW, at the presser, and Canelo said he is ready to do it, over and over. I knew he was lying to everyones faces.

I really hope the Mexican media is flaming the hell out of Canelo for ducking GGG. Or are they on his side?

Comment

• Thread failed massively when you said show any other Middleweight who can make 155... well the division is 160 so making 155 is basically saying your too fat for 154... therefore move over to 160.

I like Canelo but this avoiding the big boys at 160 is making him a diva and the only people who will defend this are blind sheep.

Comment

• "show me a MW who can make 155 lbs doe!"

155 lbs is middleweight, dude.

he is a middleweight.

Comment

Show me a middleweight who can make 155.

I don't buy this "Canelo is bigger" argument. If Canelo is bigger, then GGG shouldn't have a problem making 155, since the bigger guy can make that weight.

Not defending the catchweight bull****. But, let Canelo come up to true 160 first, fight some middleweights, test the waters, then fight GGG.

GGG only calls out small dudes. 160 is weak, not impressed with his opposition at all. I'm okay with Canelo fight, but let him acclimate to division first, never even fought at 160 or fought a true middleweight, yet.
                    1. The middleweight limit is anything over 154 up to 160!

2. Canelo hasn't weighed in as a Junior Middleweight since he fought Mayweather two years ago!

3. Canelo is physically bigger than Golovkin, he puts on nearly 20 lbs betweenness weigh in and fight night, Golovkin puts on about 8-10 lbs!

4. I personally feel that ggg will be pretty comfortable making 155 but the fact that he's 33 years old makes it harder for him to make than Canelo who is 25 you're body responds better when you're younger!

5. The fact is it's a ***** move by Canelo to demand 155! People are bringing up GGG vs Ward at 164 but the fact is award wanted a 50/50 split in the purse when he's been irrelevant for years! It was a clear power play by award and his team, so ggg and his guys agreed to 50/50 only if it was 50/50 in weight ie. 164... In reality the fight was never going to happen, Ward can barely make 168 now and is a confirmed LHW so to constantly bring up 164 is redundant

Comment

• If you are between 155-160 you are a middleweight, like that is the actual definition of a middleweight in boxing. There is no argument here.

Comment

Working...
                      X