No announcement yet.

Any Evidence Heavyweights Get More KO's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    Thanks for calling me a dolt. In spite of that I consider you a prized poster around here, since I always finish your posts and usually enjoy them, ya churl. Sometimes we have to call people out. Look at the meritous post of Sonny right before yours. That's what I call information. I know Sonny has this abilty inside him. Sometimes it gets obscured. The kid has it in him to practically own this place, but it will never be done with opinion. I know he is a storehouse of opinion. It just may be that he is also the storehouse of information he always claims to be. The information he posted is worth more than a hundred posts expressing one's opinion. That's my opinion.

I was surprised to see the middleweight ranking as second safest. This is current data. No idea how well these ternds reflect historical trends, but it is an interesting question. The numbers probably dip and trend depending on the fighters in a particular division at a particular time.

Good job, Sonny. Please keep it up and I will become a foamy fan of yours. Hell, I might travel to England and apply as your secretary.
    Sonny for president! marvin? Lennox? better leave town!

Oh I should say regarding the data: It backs up a few conventional ideas including: that the hardest punchers are from the upper middle divisions, and up.

In the lower divisions power is a prized commodity. Roberto Duran was many great things, but reduced to the point of "data" he was a statistical rarity....A bona fide puncher as a light weight.
    Last edited by billeau2; 09-05-2015, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X