Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward: Golovkin Gets A lot of Passes, Imagine if I Did a Brook Move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Golovkin promised us the world, " anyone from 154-168 doe "
    ..... and yet, he delivered absolutely nothing

instead, he avoided matchups against MUCH better opponents
    ..... but, nobody in the media said a damn thing LMAO
    You never answered me that question.

Why are you so obsessed by Golovkin?

Are you Kigali's alt?

I mean, I 'm going in most threads on this board and I ONLY see you on Golovkin related threads.

That sht is scary.

Golovkin might be overrated, but is that a reason to be so obsessed.

Why is it so hard for you to swallow that some people appreciate GGG fight game and character?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Andre Ward is btw the stars in boxing the man who faced the worst opposition in the last 4 years, he can live forever of 2 wins over Kessler and Froch...

And that's Kessler and Froch, not Barrera, Morales and Marquez, and hell, we criticized Manny for relying too much on those wins and fighting the Diaz of the world.

But you have to bring Golovkin's record as usual, I mean, you sure has mental issues for being so obsessed by a man.

I agree with you, fair call !!

two problems.....

1) Kessler/Froch are WAAAAAY better than anyone on GGG's resume..... so Golovkin fans need to STFU about Ward's good wins being "old"..... because, at least they exist

2) "faced the worst opposition"..... apply that exact same logic to Golovkin..... but have the common-sense to ignore K2's marketing/PR lies and realize that Golovkin COULD have fought Ward, Mora, Lara, Cotto, Canelo, and likely Saunders/Jacobs as well..... but, for whatever (sometimes absurd) reason, he CHOSE not to

you Golovkin fans are the last people on earth who should be throwing stones at Andre Ward.....

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        You never answered me that question.

Why are you so obsessed by Golovkin?

Are you Kigali's alt?

I mean, I 'm going in most threads on this board and I ONLY see you on Golovkin related threads.

That sht is scary.

Golovkin might be overrated, but is that a reason to be so obsessed.

Why is it so hard for you to swallow that some people appreciate GGG fight game and character?

I am well-aware of that

we have a name for it, but I will leave it there

my issue is, Golovkin's fight game, that you refer to..... is completely based on unfulfilled hype and marketing/PR bull****, and it is completely based against cans..... he is clearly a protected fighter, and a made-man

I prefer real fighters, not protected network darlings

and as for his character..... good god, I think I should leave that question entirely

let's just say, I do not think much of his character at all..... forget Ward, forget the lies, forget the blatant hypocrisy, and forget the "biznessman doe" debacle..... first the B-side "killer" refused to fight the A-side Canelo over the weight, now the B-side "killer" is refusing to fight the A-side Canelo over the money LMAO

come on man, you must be getting sick and tired of the endless excuses

anyway, the main reason why I will not let it go, is because his shhthead fans will not stop bashing BETTER, PROVEN, fighters..... simply in order to make him seem great..... just like they did with Pacquiao

Comment

• If ward was serious he would have dropped to Middleweight and demanded a fight with GGG after fighting some top guys in the division. He needs to calm down and collect his pay from the borefest in November.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            This is very true but not /thread because I have a little more to add

In terms of this article, I didn't even read it because Ward already did a "Brook move" when he fought Paul Smith not to mention Alexander Brand who is a lifetime super middleweight.

What kind of fighter tries to bring up a fighter from the weight class below them, but then demand tuneups first for themselves? Since when does the bigger fighter need tuneups to face someone from the lower division? That is what Ward tried to do with Golovkin.

So let's just talk the facts. What would the fans say if GGG said he was willing to fight Canelo, but only if HBO gave GGG two tuneups first against Joshua Clottey and Jan Zaveck? What if GGG was literally ducking Canelo, and refusing to fight him, until HBO paid him to fight Jan Zaveck and Humberto Soto first to get ready for Canelo?

If GGG demanded that, the backlash he would get would be 100x times what Ward got for actually doing that (LOL!). That just shows the real double standard is not in favor of fighters like GGG, but is actually in favor of fighters like Ward.

The expectations are incredibly low for Ward. No matter how low his career sunk the last five years, there were still some fans defending him, still some keeping him #2 on their pound for pound lists.

This man went four or five years without even TRYING to fight one top opponent. He apparently sued his own promoter for no other reason I can think of except for his promoter had set up the Super 6 for him to win and become a "star," and now his promoter wanted him to actually take the star fights, the PPV fights, against the top opponents, to start making bank, at least that's what would make sense and that was the sense people were getting at the time. But Ward it seems wanted to be able to pick his own opponents, not the top ones. Except then even after Goosen, he tried to pull that with HBO, and they said they wouldn't go for it even with Roc Nation promoting him, and sent him to BET.

So Ward was the epitome of everything wrong with the sport during this time, and some fans still defended him. If GGG sued his promoter x times, lost every time, used it as an excuse to duck Jacobs, Canelo, Saunders, and Quillin for the next four years, boxing fans would never let him live it down. But when it comes to fighters like Ward and Floyd, there seems to be a double standard that says they can do no wrong. That the same standards don't apply to them as everyone else.

Even now he's fighting Kovalev since HBO said he had to fight Kovalev or GGG if he wanted a contract with them, make no mistake, there's a reason he wouldn't fight Stevenson before. Obviously Kovalev is not an easy fight or Ward would have pushed for it before HBO demanded it, but as much as I expect Kovalev to win, you can bet Ward looked at Kovalev out of all the top guys and said a european fighter without great hand speed... I can beat those guys. But a slick southpaw in Stevenson with just as much speed as Ward, and a bazooka for a left hand? He will never fight Stevenson. If he wouldn't fight Bute, you can bet he won't fight Stevenson lol. I knew from the moment Kovalev and Stevenson came on the scene that if Ward had to fight one or the other, he would choose Kovalev.

That's the double standard. Ward can pick and choose styles he likes within his own weight class, 175 (because even at 168 he was a "scaled down light heavyweight" according to his trainer, so 175 is natural for him), but GGG is expected to fight everyone in his weight class, and he does. No offense to AB but GGG is the real can man. Anyone can get it. They may not want it with GGG, but he will fight anyone. With Ward it just doesn't seem to work that way, as Yvon Michel alluded to earlier.
            This should be the answer for anything regarding ward and GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
              If ward was serious he would have dropped to Middleweight and demanded a fight with GGG after fighting some top guys in the division. He needs to calm down and collect his pay from the borefest in November.

what an utter tool

pacfan, right ?

Comment

• I wonder what Ward will make for the Kovalev fight ?

I wonder if he will make 10mil ?

My guess is..... nope, not even close.

I wonder if Ward would get a free pass if he refused to fight Canelo for 10mil ?

you GGG butt-lickers are a hoot LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I am well-aware of that

we have a name for it, but I will leave it there

my issue is, Golovkin's fight game, that you refer to..... is completely based on unfulfilled hype and marketing/PR bull****, and it is completely based against cans..... he is clearly a protected fighter, and a made-man

I prefer real fighters, not protected network darlings

and as for his character..... good god, I think I should leave that question entirely

let's just say, I do not think much of his character at all..... forget Ward, forget the lies, forget the blatant hypocrisy, and forget the "biznessman doe" debacle..... first the B-side "killer" refused to fight the A-side Canelo over the weight, now the B-side "killer" is refusing to fight the A-side Canelo over the money LMAO

come on man, you must be getting sick and tired of the endless excuses

anyway, the main reason why I will not let it go, is because his shhthead fans will not stop bashing BETTER, PROVEN, fighters..... simply in order to make him seem great..... just like they did with Pacquiao
                  Because obviously Pacquiao is also an unproven fighter?

Pac and G are fan friendly fighters wich is not that bad, Mayweather isn't, Ward, u gotta understand this.

Pac has faced harder competition than Floyd, moved up through 10 weight classes (great fighters move up doe).

If the average Joe appreciated Floyd (admit the man is a prick) then I would be worried about his fckin planet lol.

I'm not from the US so let that "racism against black people" theory to the trash.

When I did Watch May vs Pac with Casuals, they be like "why is he running?", they barely understood why May won versus Pac (I believe May won tough), they are casuals and have the right to not fully understand the sport.

Saying GGG is a made man is kinda harsh.

He's a world amateur champion (you can't duck in ams).

I mean, he has stopped 5 world champion in his whole career pro+ams (Bute, Ouma, Brook, Geale, Lemieux), not that bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Neither is Golovkin. /thread
                    Yet enough to draw you into most of his threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      they know it....its a difference because they like GGG...they are never as critical about fighters they like as those they dont follow
                      Unlike you who is very critical when it comes to "honey" Floyd May...

Comment

Working...
                      X