• Anthony Joshua: Dillian Whyte will get his opportunity

Check out what he has to say.

Wladimir Klitschko is a Joshua fan boy

I hope he fights Dillian Whyte this year

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Wladimir Klitschko is a Joshua fan boy

I hope he fights Dillian Whyte this year
      I would expect that fight to be made for the lonsdale belt in September.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I would expect that fight to be made for the lonsdale belt in September.
        Indeed. Would be a top fight for as long as it lasted. I still think AJ will waste him in under 6. But there's true animosity there. I know of Dillian the Villan and he is a real bad boy. In Wlad's camp he offered it to AJ outside and AJ turned him down real quick. For what reasons are unknown but still, mentally that could do wonders for Whyte and hamper AJ. But not much.

Comment

Originally posted by TIMELESS View Post
          Indeed. Would be a top fight for as long as it lasted. I still think AJ will waste him in under 6. But there's true animosity there. I know of Dillian the Villan and he is a real bad boy. In Wlad's camp he offered it to AJ outside and AJ turned him down real quick. For what reasons are unknown but still, mentally that could do wonders for Whyte and hamper AJ. But not much.
          Probably because he gets paid to fight.

I haven't seen anything from Whyte to suggest he could beat Joshua at all.

Comment

Well, Whyte did knock him down in the amateurs and beat him quite easily. I think thats where the animosity stems from. Whyte had a more professional style at the time.

Part of my hesitation about how good Joshua really is comes from parts of that, how his jab isn't a heavyweight jab just a range finder, how he is breathing really heavily against Whyte and had significantly less muscle. How he doesn't really extend his punches to make the most of his reach and how he doesn't look great backing up. I hope he can correct these things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Well, Whyte did knock him down in the amateurs and beat him quite easily. I think thats where the animosity stems from. Whyte had a more professional style at the time.

Part of my hesitation about how good Joshua really is comes from parts of that, how his jab isn't a heavyweight jab just a range finder, how he is breathing really heavily against Whyte and had significantly less muscle. How he doesn't really extend his punches to make the most of his reach and how he doesn't look great backing up. I hope he can correct these things.
              It will take someone much better than Dillian Whyte to exploit those faults imo.

Whyte really doesnt look that great to me. Basic things like hand eye/ body coordination and judging of range dont seem on the same level as Joshua, which is why i want them to fight this year to get it out of the way.

Also I wouldnt look too much much into the first Whyte fight as far as judging Joshua. You are looking at his second/third amateur fight with very little boxing experience behind him after all, he is a completely different animal now.

Comment

I think joshua probably takes dillian out in 4 rounds nowadays. Idk how good dillians chin is but i think he'll be the aggressor i could also see both tiring after 6 making it a lack luster performance from both.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  It will take someone much better than Dillian Whyte to exploit those faults imo.

Whyte really doesnt look that great to me. Basic things like hand eye/ body coordination and judging of range dont seem on the same level as Joshua, which is why i want them to fight this year to get it out of the way.

Also I wouldnt look too much much into the first Whyte fight as far as judging Joshua. You are looking at his second/third amateur fight with very little boxing experience behind him after all, he is a completely different animal now.
                  Yeah, Whyte had more exprience than AJ, who looked very raw - hanging his chin out every time he threw a punch.

It would be different if they fought now. AJ seems better schooled technically than Whyte.

Comment

yes, this is "boxing" we are talking about isn't?

Joshua will destroy Whyte, who really doesnt look very impressive at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X