No announcement yet.

If Hopkins manages to beat Kovalev and Stevenson then retires

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
    When he fights he fights under a PROMOTER. There is no ifs ands or buts. You MUST HAVE A PROMOTER to be in a televised fight. He WORKS for Golden Boy Promotions so it's under assumption he's promoted by them. Plus in every Hopkins fight I would always see Schaefer in the background.
    he does not have a contract with gbp for them to promote his fights

search up a recent bernard hopkins interview with sweet science....

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      he does not have a contract with gbp for them to promote his fights

search up a recent bernard hopkins interview with sweet science....
      That doesn't make any sense. Even the guys who are with Haymon but not signed to Golden Boy have been fighting under the Golden Boy banner as their promoter for that specific show. But after the show/event is over, they are not signed to any promoter. So for all of Hopkins' fights, he's being promoted by someone. I don't know who exactly, but he is under someone's promotional banner for that one night. I have to assume it's Golden Boy because Schaefer is always in attendance at the pressers/weigh in/fights, etc,.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
        That doesn't make any sense. Even the guys who are with Haymon but not signed to Golden Boy have been fighting under the Golden Boy banner as their promoter for that specific show. But after the show/event is over, they are not signed to any promoter. So for all of Hopkins' fights, he's being promoted by someone. I don't know who exactly, but he is under someone's promotional banner for that one night. I have to assume it's Golden Boy because Schaefer is always in attendance at the pressers/weigh in/fights, etc,.
        yea its gbp ....fight by fight basis......

Comment

http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...-boy-situation

***8203;***8220;I***8217;m not under contract to Golden Boy,***8221; stressed Hopkins, who added that he has spoken recently to both De La Hoya and Schaefer. ***8220;No one has asked me to come here or to stay there. I got my own team, a separate team. When all is said and done, I***8217;m going to evaluate everything and decide to do what***8217;s best for Bernard Hopkins. I***8217;m going to try to be fair to everybody, but I got to look out for me first. It***8217;s crucial for me to make the right move, whether it***8217;s with Richard or with Oscar. I worked too hard to get here to do anything else.
          ***8203;***8220;No matter what, though, what***8217;s going on now between them won***8217;t affect me from getting in the ring and winning another title. I want to continue to unify the light heavyweight division, and with two titles I***8217;m in better position to do that now, regardless of the shakeup. I could even promote my next fight myself. It won***8217;t be an emotional decision. I***8217;m going to align myself with the best, with the smartest, and with whoever can do the most for me at this stage of my career.***8221;

Comment

actually Kovalev is an easy fight for Hopkins, that if father time doesnt catch uo to him. Stevenson would be more dificult because he is a southpaw. But you need volume to beat B-Hop Neither guy have that. So it wont surprise me if Hopkins schools them both.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Does he have a shot to be a top 10 ATG??
              At his age that will be mentioned...I know you won't like this but if he does beat those 2 guys I personally think he goes down as the greatest fighter of this generation.

Comment

No worries, because he will not beat either fighter.

Comment

I have currently have him at 19 right now (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=608842) but those two wins, especially if they are not controversial, would have him move above Tunney and possibly Wilde on my list.

Comment

Working...
                  X