No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
    Aye - I promise if u watch the fourth again, you will see Connor clearly won. He was moving forward for much of the round, and when he did back up, he didn't get touched hardly.

Yeah - Connor is done at 145. I'm sure he could still make it, but after seeing what it's like to be able to eat full meals during training camp, and not having to completely dry out 3 days before the weigh in, where you lose the remaining 10-13 pounds of water weight or so, he doesn't want to put his body through that.

But he obviously is too small for 170. Diaz clearly has a huge edge in size over him (again - didn't he miss weight? came in half pound over?)

If Connor was smart, he'd say the rubber match should be at 155, and 3 rounds. But he's way too ****y, and has too much self-belief to want to be seen as "demanding stipulations."

Connor definitely needs to settle in at 155 after the rubber match, regardless of the outcome. And Diaz remains at 170.

I bet Aldo is ITCHING for a rematch with Connor, even though he got humiliated... I wonder if Connor would offer him a rematch at 155, and if he'd accept? Would Dana like that, though? Since FW is finally back on track.

Or will Aldo just move on and continue to dominate the FW's again
    Conor said he wants the next one at 155, honestly would probably benefit both. That said at 155 there's a pool of piranha's that'll be waiting for Conor... Guys who have a gas tank like Nate. Still Conor will beat most of em IMO but I want to see him at LW.
    Last edited by Rudyo; 08-21-2016, 02:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      The much better guy? Lmaoooooooo.

The much better guy at this point has gotten choked out in two rounds and has now won in an unimpressive fashion. Diaz still owns mcgregor's soul. Barely winning tonight didn't change that.

You have really low standards if you think mcgregor is so much better. I'd expect the much better guy to destroy his opponent.
      Clearly the much better guy.

McGregor doesn't have great stamina, Diaz has top level stamina as well as being significantly bigger...that allows them to have good fights when McGregor slows down. Styles make fights, sometimes lesser fighters have a style that makes things difficult...you should really know this as a boxing fan.

He got the first fight wrong and gassed, he rectified that tonight. He beat Diaz up with ease when fresh, put him on his ass multiple times, showed heart when required and still won the 4th clearly while tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
        McG was just significantly better for the first round

While Diaz was significantly better in the fights, Diaz significantly won the 1st fight in just 2rds

How is McG the better fighter lol

McGregor beat him up with total ease for the first 9+minutes and won the 4th comfortably, you're either incredibly biased or have very selective vision to see him as only better for the 1st round.

Diaz won the first fight as McGregor got it totally wrong and gassed, credit to him. This time, both trained for one another on a full camp, McGregor won clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

McGregor beat him up with total ease for the first 9+minutes and won the 4th comfortably, you're either incredibly biased or have very selective vision to see him as only better for the 1st round.

Diaz won the first fight as McGregor got it totally wrong and gassed, credit to him. This time, both trained for one another on a full camp, McGregor won clearly.

This... Preach, bruv.

Also, let's not forget McGregor is a wee lil bugger compared to Diaz.

I'd bet my left nut that Connor didn't rehydrate at all, while Diaz (who actually weighed over at 170.5 - was there a clause in the contract that allowed a pound over or something? or did Diaz have to forfeit purse?) I'd bet blew up to 185+.

Diaz looked huge compared to Connor...

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
            This... Preach, bruv.

Also, let's not forget McGregor is a wee lil bugger compared to Diaz.

I'd bet my left nut that Connor didn't rehydrate at all, while Diaz (who actually weighed over at 170.5 - was there a clause in the contract that allowed a pound over or something? or did Diaz have to forfeit purse?) I'd bet blew up to 185+.

Diaz looked huge compared to Connor...
            You're allowed to miss weight by 1lb in UFC. Strange rule but they do it under the belief that 'not all scales are totally accurate'

I'll be interested to see how Nate takes those punches at 155. He got dropped multiple times in this fight despite being the far bigger man and McGregor being blown up.

The Dos Anjos plan of 'leg kick Diaz to death' was put to good use tonight also.

Comment

I'm talking about in the overall battle. He got blasted out and now he won a narrow decision. I don't find that very inspiring. The greater victory is choking a guy out and making him quit. There's no redemption in how mcgregor won tonight.
              He didn't get blasted out. He gassed in the first fight after swinging for the fences for nearly two rounds. He underestimated Diaz's ability to take a shot, and thought he'd have poor stamina due to taking the fight on 10 days notice. It's possible McGregor could KO Diaz, but 99/100 times when McGregor wins that fight, he wins by decision. McGregor was so arrogant in the first fight he truly believed he could KO any man on the planet. This just isn't the case and he learned that in the most humiliating of ways. McGregor is a FW/LW fighter. These two fights were at WW and it had to have effected him. I hope there's a third fight and it's at LW. McGregor should be better conditioned then, with less muscle mass to carry around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                Have either of the Diaz brothers ever won a championship?
                Yeah, Nick was the Strikeforce Welterweight Champion, defended the title 3 times before returning to the UFC.

Comment

The much better guy? Lmaoooooooo.

The much better guy at this point has gotten choked out in two rounds and has now won in an unimpressive fashion. Diaz still owns mcgregor's soul. Barely winning tonight didn't change that.

You have really low standards if you think mcgregor is so much better. I'd expect the much better guy to destroy his opponent.
                  you know. you fukn know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    Nick was Strikeforce Middleweight Champion after beating Frank Shamrock by KO.
                    No, he KO'd Marius Žaromskis to win the Welterweight title and then defended it 3 times. Also subbed a guy named Joe Hurley to win the WEC Welterweight belt, plus the minor IFC US Welterweight and Americas titles, along with the ISKA MMA Welterweight championship.

Comment

• wtf bruh, connor lost.

he also ran like a *****

Comment

Working...
                      X