No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman Blast Mayweather on First Take Pac will fight Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    I do, but you were attacking my post so that didn't sound sarcastic. It sounded like you meant it and you were against what I wrote. Sarcasm is needed if you are against the writer and then you give a sarcastic remark to make a point. But, We are in the same page, so being sarcastic threw my off.

Anyway, nice to know you got it.

cheers!
    I put so many "o's" in it to exaggerate the sarcasm. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
      Just wanted to point out ......

Video starts with max saying "...meanwhile they're (boxers) are being brain damaged. Right? But that really what the fans are asking for....."

Being in the sport is part off the risk they take. That's what they sign up for. That's already a given. Like a soldier signing to be one, they know what they are signing up for. That they can die in a call of duty. As Max says, that's what is expected from them by the consumers. To fight in the ring and risk their life, and that is why they are paid a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
        No he doesn't.
        There is an asterisk to all of his victories.

Pacquiaos resume is just as good and more relevant IMO.
        Froch's resume, too, is up there.

Win sover guys like Ortiz, Guerrero, Berto and Maidana don't move me at all.
        147 in general has been a hot an exciting division, many of the "names" are inflated. A lot of his wins lost their value at the time he fought them.
        Okay, they have losses, and? Doesn't discredit their resumes. Dude, just stop.

"overall level of competition goes to pac..The fact that he fought much bigger fighters than him and how he demolishes them..H2H Floyd's school him..but its all about the resume. "
        Resume: Pac > Floyd
        Legacy: Pac = Floyd (HIGHLY debatable)
        Fighter: Pac < Floyd

Not arguing with you. These are simply our opinions. But I'm pretty sure I'm with the majority on this one. Pacs resume > Floyds.

There's nothing more that needs to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
          If it's so easy why doesn't every top boxer do it? Because you need to win every single one of those "high reward low risk fights". Something 99% of boxers can't do. You also need to get into a position of power in order to start picking fights. Floyd did that at the start of his career. He wanted to fight everyone. Why didn't others fight him? Because he was a high risk, low reward fighter.
          Exactly.

If it's so easy to be a 13 time world champion in 5 different weights and beating 10 #1 ranked fighters in the divison being fought in and 7 top 10 P4P all whilst making half a billion dollars then why has only Floyd been able to pull it off?

Comment

Floyd fans, don't shoot the messenger, talk about what Max said..

I know it hurts..but truth will always come pouring out..

legacy brothas that's what it's all about. You can't have it both ways. You fight who is hot, when being great calls for it and embrace all comers to prove your metal as a great fighter.

Floyd went to the path of less resistance and even 'till the end.. he still did it to the last drop.

cough..cough.. Berto..cough cough..

Careful.. Max said Floyd beat PAC easily right after the fight. Legally.. The closest to the event/fight is considered more accurate.

Max is trying to do something... But he is on record for saying ..... Post fight...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJNnFZgmGsM
            Last edited by Zaroku; 07-26-2016, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Video starts with max saying "...meanwhile they're (boxers) being brain damaged. Right? But thats really what the fans are asking for....."

Being in the sport is part off the risk they take. That's what they sign up for. That's already a given. Like a soldier signing to be one, they know what they are signing up for. That they can die in a call of duty. As Max says, that's what is expected from them by the consumers. To fight in the ring and risk their life, and that is why they are paid a lot.

Is it a hatred of floyd or your love of manny?
              Either way you're a flaming ****** to suggest boxers should get brain damage for your own entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                How can u say that if Mayweather's level of opposition since 2009 till now has veen much better than anybody in the sport including Pacquiao? Pacquiao had Cotto nd Bradley since then, but the rest were all hyped up fights, Margarito coming off a loss, Mosley coming off a loss, lost to Marquez,I'll give him Bradley, Marquez KO loss, Rios not ranked, meaningless rematch with Bradley, Algieri not really proven, lost to Floyd Mayweather and another meaningless rematch with Bradley.

Path of least resistance? If people didn't think these opponents didn't have a chance like Berto for example when he fought Floyd, these fights wouldn't have been bought / watched by record audiences. And all of this was done by a man in his 30s who's older than Pacquiao.
                Path of resistance yes, since 2006 (last decade), Pacquiao fought 21 times, so more than twice a year, Floyd fought 14 times.

And this (Pacquiao fights) mainly against bigger guys.

The main thing is Pacquiao and Mayweather aren't the same size.
                When Pacquiao is fighting Marquez, he's fighting his featherweight rival.
                When Floyd was fighting Marquez, he was fighting a blown up lightweight.
                Same when he fought Manny.
                I'm totally convinced Manny could still make 135.

Pacquiao is a career featherweight, he made his longest run in that division where Floyd started when he was 20.

Floyd outgrew 130 and 135.

Floyd likes to remember us he started at 130 so he doesn't have to fight GGG for the MW crown.

Guess what, Manny started at 106, but didn't use it as an excuse for not fighting the bests, Floyd, Cotto and Bradley at 147.

Kellerman is right on the money here.

Pacquiao never took a rest and gave to his little frame more than it can chew.

If Pacquiao fights Garcia or Crawford and win, Floyd's win over Pac will look even better.

So once again, Floyd is smart fighting once a year, he protected his body and his record, Pacquiao is a true old school fighter, people forgetting he already had 66 fights in 8 divisions.

Comment

Pac will fight a guy smaller than him? Wow this dude loves a challenge. Yeah this would be a great win for Paqcespecially towards the end of his career, but it's funny how people no longer consider Canelo as a challenge for Floyd after he beat him, despite how sure people were before the fight that he'd knockout Floyd. These dudes both have incredibly resumes and are in the top 1-4 fighters of the last 15 years at least, the issue is fanatics are so happy to nitpick one guy and ignore another. They'll roast Floyd for a close win over Castillo but ignore the similarly close fights of a guy like Ali or any other ATG. In reality to those who aren't biased both of these guys have incredible resumes and have stepped up many times in their career. Two legends of the sport and almost equally distinguished, even though you might favour one it's silly to try to make this distinction. If one of these dudes is a coward how to they have resumes that are so close in quality (i give the edge to Floyd though)?

Comment

Most top fighters are opportunists when it comes to picking their fights when they're in the position to do so.

If you want to point the finger at Floyd for doing it, then you have to with Manny too. So taking Cotto at 145 after he had already taken a beating from Margarito wasn't opportunistic? or fighting Hatton when he was basically damaged goods. Also bringing up Marquez for a 3rd fight was opportunistic i think, he looked like he was almost done and they thought they could finally get a clear win over him, only to get a shock and have to get a gift decision, leading to a 4th fight which got him KO'd.

Floyd may have done it, but Pacquiao was no better. Also it's worth noting that both put themselves in the position to pick and choose by actually beating good opposition on the way up and proving they were great fighters. So let's not dismiss that side of it. Some fighters today want to be that A-side like those 2 forgetting these guys actually fought their way to the top.

Also, while the last decade of top fighters such as Pac, Canelo, Cotto, Marquez etc..took some wins and loses from each other in some form. Floyd stood alone and never lost, you can't knock that.

By the way, i don't have much preference between Floyd and Manny, but at least call it for what it is, rather than big one guy up and bring one down when they did similar things.

Floyd should rightly get some flack for fighting Berto, but it's not really any worse than fighting Rios or Algieri. "well he was coming off a KO loss against Rios", so what, that's Manny's fault for getting KTFO.
                    Last edited by deathofaclown; 07-26-2016, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Resume: Pac > Floyd
                      Legacy: Pac = Floyd (HIGHLY debatable)
                      Fighter: Pac < Floyd

Not arguing with you. These are simply our opinions. But I'm pretty sure I'm with the majority on this one. Pacs resume > Floyds.
                      LETS NOT FORGET MANNY IS A SMALLER MAN COMING FROM LOWER WEIGHTS. FACT

Floyd is a better boxer, no doubt.

But don't know if he's a better fighter.
                      As I stated, and that's fact IMO.
                      Floyd is a bigger fighter than Manny.

Maybe Manny and Floyd were about the same weight on fight night.

But that's a blown up version of Pacquiao, Pacquiao is a blown up lightweight. He has been a career superbatamweight/featherweight.

I would say Manny's top weight on fight night is 145 while Floyd's top weight is 150.
                      Floyd isn't a big welterweight himself.
                      Overhall Manny is a lightweight while Floyd is more of a superlightweight (small WW) at this point.

Hell, the difference of reach and size at controlling the distance, clinching gave Floyd the edge.

I don't think it was a shut out, I had 8-4 for Floyd, it was a very strategic and interesting fight, Floyd was more focused than ever.

To me, this fight showed how great Manny is, lil dude is just 5'5 1/2, and I don't know how Floyd would deal with a natural 147 version of Pacquiao.

I think Floyd is a better boxer, Manny a better fighter.

I think the same about Leonard and Duran.

Comment

Working...
                      X