Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple (Mac) vs Microsoft (Windows)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends on what u want your computer experience to be like.

If you want a worry free, user friendly pleasant experience them get a Mac.

If you want to know what it's like to masturbate with a cheese grater while having a red hot poker shoved up your ass then get windows.

Comment

Mac is over-priced.

Many Mac users have the Flashback virus and have no idea they do. It's not that Mac's have better security...it's that fewer virus's were written for them because fewer people had them. Things have changed.

I have not gotten a windows virus in probably several years because I have proper security, I also use Acronis image back up and can reinstall my entire hard drive with all contents in about 45 mins no matter what with every bit of info on it.
      Originally posted by Underboss View Post
      I'm thinking of buying a new PC, after my current one (an HP from 2005) is on the verge of dying.
      About the only thing that ever dies is the power source or hard drive. Both are easy and inexpensive to replace. Most people really don't use the all resources of a new computer. Just do an image back up of your hard drive and keep using it.

Comment

Depends on your needs Underboss. I use a PC because I use a lot of programs that are not all available on mac. But as mentioned earlier, if you go pc, get windows 7, not 8!

Comment

Macs are ridiculously overpriced, their hardware spec isn't great and you rule out gaming when you buy a Mac oh and there will be some programmes that won't be on Mac too.

Depends what you need it for but you can't go wrong with a PC, you get so much more for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            If you want to know what it's like to masturbate with a cheese grater while having a red hot poker shoved up your ass then get windows.
            dude that sounds hot as f**k

:wank:

getting windows asap

Comment

I've used windows all my life until about 3 years ago when I bought a Mac desktop and I've only used that for the past 3 years. Fast forward to last week... I needed a laptop and I was just going to get a cheap windows laptop (I only need it for microsoft office on the go) and then I was messing around with the new Windows (windows 8?) and I realized I like the Mac operating system sooooo much better. I don't think I can go back.

So I ended up spending 1,200 for a Macbook pro, and all I needed a laptop for was to be a glorified note taker. That's how much I prefer it now and like it.

The Mac operating system is clean and the layout is very simple and easy to use. Sure it's pricey, but it's not like it's not a good computer. Obviously there's always gonna be better computers.... Windows has $1000 computers that are probably better.

And with that said.... I don't know too much about computer specs and I cannot compare all of the specs- but for the Macbook Pro I just got, I reckon 8GB of ram and a dualcore i5 intel processor and 2.8GHz is just FINE. I'm sure someone who needs a computer to do programming/software development and all that computer stuff that you really need a good CPU for could do just fine with the basic Mac model. But ideally those people probably get the $2000 ones. Or just get a powerful windows computer which may be better bang for your buck.

No matter what people say or how many people call it overpriced apple product, etc.. iMac's and Macbook Pro's are solid computers, it's worth trying out once if you've had PC your whole life. But I'm sure they still are probably a bit overpriced and you can definitely do everything on a cheaper PC that you can do on a Mac. If you have the money, I say go for it.

Oh also if you're getting a computer for gaming, I would say PC is probably the best way to go. I don't play computer games but the Mac game support is limited and you can build a powerful PC for less then the cost of a Mac. I was writing this with the assumption you're just looking for an everyday computer.
              Last edited by King_; 12-23-2014, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                as long as you're not playing video games on your PC then you could get a Mac. also if you have had problems with getting viruses in the past then Macs may appeal to you more.

Really it depends on how tech savvy you are and what you plan to do on your PC, its not hard to avoid viruses on Windows at all. Even if you don't want to pay for protection, BitDefender's free anti-virus runs idle in the background and Malware Bytes free version cleans up any odd benign viruses and malware you may still have lurking. Learning what links are dodgy and what not to download helps a lot to avoid viruses. Most common one I think people fall for are false pop-ups saying your PC is infected or that you're missing software, when in fact that pop-up/ad on the site is complete BS and you download malware onto your PC.

but if you do get a Mac you overpay ridiculously for the hardware it has. the price of a MacBook/iMac could buy you a fantastic gaming computer. But then again, if you just casually browse the web and stream media then a Mac will be able to do all that. Just don't expect it to play the latest video games at medium settings even.
                What kind of gaming laptop could somebody get with $1200? I've never played computer games before, I'm just curious.

Would $1200 be enough to run the best games on the highest settings?

Comment

Basically a Mac is a Mercedes and a PC is a Ford.

Now your Ford/PC owner who cant afford a Mercedes/Mac will tell you that his machine has more power, more torque and all round better specs than the Mercedes that cost twice the price and if you're a fully trained mechanic/IT grad you can make it run just like a Merc/Mac, but it just can't.

In the end your still driving a piece of **** Ford/PC pretendingor wishing you had/could afford a Mac/Merc.

So basically if you're poor get a PC if not get a Mac.

The new Mac Pro is insane! Mine cost me $11K but its the ****, just like my AMG.
                  Last edited by Furn; 12-23-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I'm gonna give the iMac a try. It looks decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                      I'm gonna give the iMac a try. It looks decent.
                      I'm not sure if they sell it without it anymore, but get the one with the Retina display.

The iMac I have is 3 years old and still great.

You can also run windows in a Mac to use windows only programs that you cannot use on a Mac. I believe the program to run windows is called "boot camp"

Comment

Working...
                      X