Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torch Finally Passed from DLH to Pacquiao!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats how boxers talk lol

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      manny pacquiao is quite popular here in singapore...

this is a football crazy country but when MP beat ODLH, a full page in the sports page of the national daily here was alotted to him... sikat eh...
      I think all Asian nations will claim Pac as one their own. Pac makes Asian Race Proud!

Comment

Although Pac is a great fighter, and even if he were going to be around for the next 10 years, which he isn't, the torch cannot be passed to him because the audience is really who passes the torch. The problem is that Pac just is not very marketable to a mainstream American audience.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Pac is the man now, but he'll never be as big as DLH was.
          i don't think there ever will be another incarnation of dlh or srl... boxing is too marginalized.

Comment

whats so good about de la hoya.
            i would compare pac to fighters from the 80's era
            like hagler duran and leonard ...
            if he does what he should do to hatton
            the torch should be passed from the guys like hagler etc
            to pac...

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
              Ortiz is a Good candidate after Pac. But I don't see him beating Pac to officially pass the torch. Ortiz need to stay away from Pac & just do his thing & wait till Pac retires. Ortiz can take JMM's torch as the Mexican bearer.

PBF will only be on B side of a Superfight. He's the B on both Hatton & DLH fight. He's just exciting with his mouth but boring as hell in a a fight. But He's welcome as the B(Badguy) in a Superfight with pac.
              exactly, i think floyd, jr. is a great fighter....but his mouth blew it.....why do you think he took a fight with both hatton and de la hoya. He was extremely jealous of there fans, they have the largest fan basis....and pac is like the oscar and hatton of asia......I think JMM is one of the saddest stories in boxing on a personal level, he is a victim of bad promoting and circumstances imo...and still performs at a high level at his age.....

i really do believe pac has only 2 or 3 more fights left in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                i don't think there ever will be another incarnation of dlh or srl... boxing is too marginalized.
                can u imagine IF david haye beats (specially) by KO one or both the klitschkos? then manages to clean the heavies?

that would catapult him very significantly as a superstar IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Although Pac is a great fighter, and even if he were going to be around for the next 10 years, which he isn't, the torch cannot be passed to him because the audience is really who passes the torch. The problem is that Pac just is not very marketable to a mainstream American audience.
                  Where do you live at??? Here in SF Bayarea, I have some Black, White, Russian customers who knows & a Fan of Pacquiao. In boxing you just need to very very good in Fighting & Fight in an exciting way to Draw the fans. Duran don't speak English & yet he crossed over America.

As Arum Stated in the Article, Pac is an Exotic kind. He's an import with amazing talent. Yao ming Crossed over... Pac definitely can!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                    2 consecutive Dominating Performances againt bigger guys?? You call that on the Downside??? Did you watch the interview?? Pac named Chavez Jr!!! When Pac name names.. it usually happens.
                    great win over oscar and good win over diaz but i think he's peaked.

once you reach the top of the mountain where else is there to go but down right?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                      can u imagine IF david haye beats (specially) by KO one or both the klitschkos? then manages to clean the heavies?

that would catapult him very significantly as a superstar IMO...
                      Not if no one in America knows who he is or few see him ko both K bros.

Comment

Working...
                      X