No announcement yet.

Price vs Sexton - more fights included

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price vs Sexton - more fights included

On Friday night the first ever Box Academy show will actually take place! It's been scheduled to happen a couple of times but withdrawals caused the cards to get pulled. No great competitive fights are featured just a bunch of good prospects from these shores.

Callum Johnson & Joe Selkirk being my pick of the best. Flannigan heads the card in a fight against Dougie Curran for the English super featherweight title. Flannigan looks to be a decent fighter, haven't seen anything of him so I'll be looking forward to watching this card.

Fast forward to Saturday for the main card of this weekend's boxing. When it was first announced, it was full of competitive fights. It's taken a few hits since then but it still has promise.

I'm expecting Price to demolish Sexton within the opening few rounds. Sexton's a good boxer with a nice jab but he's not going to be able to get inside to utilise it against Price. Big 'un, Price's nickname, needs to be pushed now and should be pitted against a contender in his next fight.

In my opinion, the next great fight on this card is Edwards-Satchell. I was very impressed with the workrate of Satchell in his victory over Martin Power and this promises to be a war. Satch has yet to record his first stoppage and is already 7 fights deep in the professional game. His lack of pop looks to be his downfall at the highest level, but he's a busy fighter who's sure to entertain in the future.

With the withdrawal of Steve Williams, Darren Hamilton steps in to fight Theophane. Hamilton's last outing saw him take a points victory over John Watson, so he's quite handy. I expect Theophane to take this comfortably though. Why isn't Treasure being matched against tougher opponents?

Dickinson-Ajisafe was one of those fights that took a hit with Ajisafe's withdrawal. Ajisafe is a good boxer who would've been a stern test for Dickinson. He gave Bellew a good fight and won't be easily intimidated, he's been replaced by a Latvian who's only been stopped 3 times in 51 fights. Once on his pro debut and in '10 against Sillakh in 5. This is an 8 round fight.

Anwar & Whyte are also on the card against durable opponents. Both of these guys have had their opponents changed.

I'm actually looking forward to box academy the cash prize for the most exciting fight should be enough of an incentive to produce a cracker or two.

I see Price making easy work out of Sexton, I'll probably Sky+ that fight if it clashes with Kessler/Green.
    Last edited by komodo; 05-17-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dem Eyes View Post
      I'm expecting Price to demolish Sexton within the opening few rounds. Sexton's a good boxer with a nice jab but he's not going to be able to get inside to utilise it against Price. Big 'un, Price's nickname, needs to be pushed now and should be pitted against a contender in his next fight.
      This ^. He should have at least 2 further fights in 2012.

Comment

Price will destroy Sexton.

If Sexton wins I'll give all my points to the first person who can tell me how Sexton wins...

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
          Price will destroy Sexton.

If Sexton wins I'll give all my points to the first person who can tell me how Sexton wins...

There's no way he wins on points. T/KO only.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
            There's no way he wins on points. T/KO only.
            I rate price highly however would love to see him get proper chin checked as hes never really been in trouble , no fault of his own mind you. I hope sexton can answer some questions on Price. All in all i think sexton will make it competative early then fade and get knocked out about round 7 or 8

Comment

hoping to get a stream somewhere

Comment

For me this fight is a good test for Price and not to be sniffed at..Sexton does have a good punch and if he does manage to land one we will find out about Price and can he deal with it..Though Price has all the tools to deal with Sexton this makes a very interesting fight..

Comment

Working...
                X