No announcement yet.

Lewis vs Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Of course it's Lewis fault. if he truely wanted to fight Mike Tyson then back in 1996 he could and should have turned down the offer of, Step-a-side-money. he did not have to accept it, he could have said NO THANKS and went ahead and fought Tyson... is it Lewis fault that Tyson was addicted to anti-depressants, alcohol, cocaine and cannabis when he fought him in 2002 Lennox has to answer that question "Should he have fought him" knowing he was dependent and in such terrible shape.
    Yu act like Lewis is a single entity not beholden to his team and totally aware of Tyson's personal projectory....You also have the same idiotic logic regarding Lewis and Bowe... As a matter of fact you are so dumb that you even get the time line wrong regarding the Bowe Lewis situation.

Lewis is not responsible for the mecurial happenings regarding a fighter like Tyson or Bowe. I bet you don't hold the Klitschkos to such ridiculous standards. boxing is a business and there is no indication that Tyson wanted any piece of Lewis before his problems started affecting his career.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Yu act like Lewis is a single entity not beholden to his team and totally aware of Tyson's personal projectory....You also have the same idiotic logic regarding Lewis and Bowe... As a matter of fact you are so dumb that you even get the time line wrong regarding the Bowe Lewis situation.

Lewis is not responsible for the mecurial happenings regarding a fighter like Tyson or Bowe. I bet you don't hold the Klitschkos to such ridiculous standards. boxing is a business and there is no indication that Tyson wanted any piece of Lewis before his problems started affecting his career.
      im waiting for you to come out with, "Lennox never trained for Rahman" and "it was a LUCKY punch" and "The referee counted too fast"

Comment

im waiting for you to come out with, "Lennox never trained for Rahman" and "it was a LUCKY punch" and "The referee counted too fast"

No I am not making excuses for Lennox but in the rematch he made easy work of The Rock! I always thought Lewis had a China Chin until I saw the fight with VItali. I gave Lewis a lot of respect after that fight. I still think if Tyson and Lewis would have fought in the 90's Tyson hands Lewis a sleeping pill in the first 3 rounds.

Comment

ahh I confused your small brain so let me explain old left hook, I mean Galileo.... I have no need to make excuses for Lennox Lewis' failings, only to expose your idiotic agenda. Can you ascertain the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
            No I am not making excuses for Lennox but in the rematch he made easy work of The Rock! I always thought Lewis had a China Chin until I saw the fight with VItali. I gave Lewis a lot of respect after that fight. I still think if Tyson and Lewis would have fought in the 90's Tyson hands Lewis a sleeping pill in the first 3 rounds.
            What you say here, i am 100% in agreeance. it is also my opinion that Hasim Rahman is the worst fighter to ever hold a version (any version) of the Heavyweight title.

Comment

Lewis went `All Out`for a second fight with Tyson. But it was virtually impossible to "get the fight sanctioned" due to Mike Tyson's Drug Dependency/Addiction. Lewis then boasted how he would have,"One brother for breakfast, the other brother for Tea". Vitali the weaker of the two brother was first and Lewis very nearly came unstuck. Lewis then ran off into retirement with his trousers full of brown, at the thought of Wladimir!
              Some people think Vitali is better than Wladimir. I, for one, believe Vitali matches Lewis better than Wlad. Prime Lewis versus Prime Wlad finished under five rounds with Lewis hands raised as the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                Some people think Vitali is better than Wladimir. I, for one, believe Vitali matches Lewis better than Wlad. Prime Lewis versus Prime Wlad finished under five rounds with Lewis hands raised as the winner.
                your entitled to your opinion and i respect it. IMO Wlad takes care of Lewis in under 5rds. Wlad is better than Lewis in almost every aspect of the game. Wlad chased Lewis for a fight in the late 90s calling him out to fight to no avail. its a shame it never happened. we can only guess at the outcome.

Comment

This disgrace was way too late and should never have happened. Only the frothy ignorance of the boxing public made it possible. That fight had no more meaning than Pacquiao/Mayweather would now have, another contest churls far and wide are still slavering and waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                    This disgrace was way too late and should never have happened. Only the frothy ignorance of the boxing public made it possible. That fight had no more meaning than Pacquiao/Mayweather would now have, another contest churls far and wide are still slavering and waiting for.
                    I agree 100% with your above statement. I still however want to see PAC vs May the same way I still watched Tyson vs Lewis. Let me ask you a question, in the first round of Tyson vs Lewis did you not think Lewis was scared? It seemed Tyson didnt really land anything meaningful except for a hard JAB.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      I can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with Mayweather-Pacquiao happening now. Sure it should have happened years ago, but it's not like we're talking about Jones-Hopkins II here. Neither fighter is nearly as diminished as Tyson was for Lewis, and many conveniently forget how many were picking Tyson to win that one too.

Comment

Working...
                      X