Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergio Martinez: Cotto May Not Even Last Five Rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
    If any fighter seriously applied a jab they would have a Good jab, by definition Sergio does not have a good jab. He has a lazy pitty pat jab very similar to pac's jab. Cotto has one of the best jabs in boxing. Because Cotto is a lefty who's fighting orthodox, his lead hand is his power hand, there are not many boxers who can knock down a fighter with a jab and Cotto can. Also his timing with his jab is superior to probably every active boxer right now, Mayweather admitted Cottos jab was hard to time, and Mayweather as arguably the best defensive fighter in history, maybe aside from Willie Pep. This is Cotto's biggest advantage. If he establishes his jab, which he didn't do against PAC, or Trout, then Sergio could have a rough night. However, Roach is not known for pushing his fighters to jab more, that's why Emmanuel Stewart was a really good fit for Cotto. But Roach is a Master at fight planning, and after being in Chavez's corner, I'm interested in seeing Roach's Game plan.

cotto has not been using his jab effectively for a very long time now and Martinez has not ethier put if Martinez uses his jab cotto won't be able to stop it and cotto jab won't netrualize Martinez from putting a can of whoop a$$ on cotto
    Last edited by Wizardsh; 12-31-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• I believe cotto, has bitten more than he can chew. Im a huge cotto fan, in the ring. I can give a rats a hole is he is doucebage or a hole. Imo, martinez is just too big for him. Cotto is too small for 154 to begin with.
      Im a fan of both, but im still going to root for cotto if this goes down.
      Interesting fight though.

Comment

What's delusional? At the time Cotto was probably the most popular boxer. He already held the record for most money earned at MSG with multiple sell outs. And he had already been on ppv twice by that time. Shane Mosley and zab Judah (though I could be wrong about Judah). Cotto was also a silver medalist at the Olympics, and was one of the highest paid amateurs to sign with a promotional company at the time. His popularity far exceeded PAC's by virtue of all this. Pac was not considered a big name till he began to move up while Cotto was considered a star since he was amateur. I think your mistaken me for a Cotto fan. I am a boxing fan and I give credit where credit is due.
        Just stop you are making yourself look foolish

Comment

• Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
          Martinez just building up the fight by creating a fake conflict.
          This^^^^^^

Comment

My bad meant Wbo and the ppv was 50/50 however pac's minimum purse was higher then Cottos.
            so like I said, cotto got less money and manny got the catchweight he demanded. the fight was billed as pacquiao vs. cotto, not cotto vs. pacquiao. it was pacquiao/cotto 24/7, not cotto/pacquiao 24/7. that's not what happens to the A side.

there is no argument to be made about cotto being the A side vs. pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              what do you mean where do I get my information from,that was a big topic back when they were going to fight,negotiationg the fight,,cotto was offered the rematch again and once again he refused for another catchweight at 150 pounds instead of 154,cotto was against the catchweight the first fight and rejected it for the rematch too...there are articles about that,him talking about it
              I'm not disputing that he was unhappy with the catch weight, I'm saying he never publicly said anything bad about the catch weight, that's two different things. He never discredited PAC for the catch weight. He never discredited the fight. He never even said in public that the catch weight was the reason he lost. He said he felt slow and tired because of the catch weight, other then that I've never read he complained about the catch weight. Of course in negotiations he's going to fight against the catch weight, who wouldn't? It's an advantage to your opponent. Canelo said he would fight Floyd at a catch weight, when Floyd called him on it during negotiations he started complaining.lol. I'm just saying I never heard nor read Cotto complaining about the catch weight. Not being happy about it, yes I agree(d)

Comment

By your definition every one in boxing has a one shot KO ability, even Malinaggi. Lol Paul Williams iron chin? Really I've seen a large amount of his fights and Paul Williams chin was hardly tested, the moment he got hit by a clean hard shot he was out. This will be the last time ill respond to you, your obviously trolling, and I'm here to discuss boxing.
                This guy keeps putting out gems, I can't stop quoting him

Comment

• Comment

What's delusional? At the time Cotto was probably the most popular boxer. He already held the record for most money earned at MSG with multiple sell outs. And he had already been on ppv twice by that time. Shane Mosley and zab Judah (though I could be wrong about Judah). Cotto was also a silver medalist at the Olympics, and was one of the highest paid amateurs to sign with a promotional company at the time. His popularity far exceeded PAC's by virtue of all this. Pac was not considered a big name till he began to move up while Cotto was considered a star since he was amateur. I think your mistaken me for a Cotto fan. I am a boxing fan and I give credit where credit is due.
                    At this point i am positive that you are trolling. You must be some one who hates Cotto is trying to make him look bad.

Cotto never won a Silver medal at the Olympics, he won a Silver medal at the Junior World Championships. He participated in the 2000 Olympics but was eliminated after the first round. Stop skimming through Wikipedia for key words and actually read the information in its entirety.

Comment

• Being a champion means nothing... The guy that draws PPV numbers and sell tickets at the live gate get the most money... De La Hoya made more than Hopkins... Mayweather made a lot more than Baldomir... Martinez needs to recognize that Cotto is the bigger name... Ali made way more than Holmes...

Comment

Working...
                      X