Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do posters say Roy jones Achieved more then Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    lol I had to laugh at your pros and cons , the MW youre talking about is supposed to be the next coming of Hagler and 40 yr old Floyd starting from 130 and 20 yrs in the sport is retiring is supposed to fight him .

You dont care what class of cruiser weight , hmm I will pick the CW and I bet Floyd wins , not gunna look pretty but Floyd wont get touched all night .

And prime Roy Jones was not willing to fight the top HWs , he chose Ruiz one of those average fighters that just picks up a belt , Baldomire was a better class fighter than Ruiz .
    No, what I said is Floyd won't fight a C Class Middleweight title holder, nothing to do with Hagler. Let's say someone like Martin Murray for example if he was a title holder.

I also said C Class Cruiserweight title holder. I don't care who you pick that's a C Class Cruiserweight title holder, Floyd will NOT beat him while weighing 154 lbs.

John Ruiz was a C Class HW champion. Nothing more, nothing less. He was the Andre Berto of the division at the time; not the top guy and not the bottom guy. Given a 33 lb weight advantage, take it how you will. It was a MAJOR accomplishment, trumping all of Floyd's accomplishments when you consider where Roy started and the risk of getting clipped by someone weighing 33 lb's bigger than you and was a HW title holder.

It's funny how you guys like to use "title holder" when talking about Floyd's accomplishments, but refuse to acknowledge John Ruiz also being a title holder when Roy beat him.

Floyd has many John Ruiz-esqu title wins on his resume.
    Last edited by Chollo Vista; 12-16-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• What Roy did was the equivalent of Daniel Jacobs, Demetrius Andrade or Gennady Golovkin fighting Ruslan Chagaev for the HW title.

Let's be real folks. No matter how many times you bring up Floyd dominating Corrales, Canelo, Hatton, Marquez, etc; nothing equates to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
        What Roy did was the equivalent of Daniel Jacobs, Demetrius Andrade or Gennady Golovkin fighting Ruslan Chagaev for the HW title.

Let's be real folks. No matter how many times you bring up Floyd dominating Corrales, Canelo, Hatton, Marquez, etc; nothing equates to this.
        That is the damn truth!!!!

Comment

What Roy did was the equivalent of Daniel Jacobs, Demetrius Andrade or Gennady Golovkin fighting Ruslan Chagaev for the HW title.

Exactly that's why it took someone 106 years to do it. Real talk if it was such an easy task you would see more fighters doing it more often.

Comment

No, what I said is Floyd won't fight a C Class Middleweight title holder, nothing to do with Hagler. Let's say someone like Martin Murray for example if he was a title holder.

I also said C Class Cruiserweight title holder. I don't care who you pick that's a C Class Cruiserweight title holder, Floyd will NOT beat him while weighing 154 lbs.

John Ruiz was a C Class HW champion. Nothing more, nothing less. He was the Andre Berto of the division at the time; not the top guy and not the bottom guy. Given a 33 lb weight advantage, take it how you will. It was a MAJOR accomplishment, trumping all of Floyd's accomplishments when you consider where Roy started and the risk of getting clipped by someone weighing 33 lb's bigger than you and was a HW title holder.

It's funny how you guys like to use "title holder" when talking about Floyd's accomplishments, but refuse to acknowledge John Ruiz also being a title holder when Roy beat him.

Floyd has many John Ruiz-esqu title wins on his resume.
            I dont take it away from Roy he did what he did and will be a while before another does it , in a debate Im just trying to establish the real worth of the belt compared to the worth of other belts , I value belts as in who holds it at the time , the belt on face value dont tell the entire story .

With Floyd any talk of MW was at the end of his career when about to retire , when Roy did Ruiz he did at the equivalent prime timing of say Floyd fighting Oscar I suppose , and thats when I feel Floyd could beat a Ruiz calibre MW , not at the end of his career which is the picture your drawing .

People got to realize your talking about a 130 to 154 guy and a 160-175 guy that grabbed a bit of history beating a HW Ruiz , great job Roy but it dont over shadow Floyds entire body of work .

Comment

• Roy in his prime was better thany ANY fighter I have ever seen....Floyd is more accomplished though...not really a debatable topic imo

Comment

• Shoutouts to Roy man. He has james toney and a young bhop on his resume but in no way he has achieved
                More than Mayweather the accolades are heavily on Mayweather's side. But listen man rjj In his prime was prolly the more gifted certainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Mayweather has

More world titles won
                  More lineal titles
                  More divisional titles
                  More hall of famers on his resume
                  better record in world title fights//Roy 22-3...Floyd 26-0...floyd had 49 fights compared to Roys 71
                  more world champions defeated-Floyd 24-0 Roy 18-9 floyd had 49 fights compared to Roys 71
                  More title defenses 18 to roys 17

How can you look at the numbers and honestly say that?
                  Because Roy > Floyd

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    Mayweather has

More world titles won
                    More lineal titles
                    More divisional titles
                    More hall of famers on his resume
                    better record in world title fights//Roy 22-3...Floyd 26-0...floyd had 49 fights compared to Roys 71
                    more world champions defeated-Floyd 24-0 Roy 18-9 floyd had 49 fights compared to Roys 71
                    More title defenses 18 to roys 17

How can you look at the numbers and honestly say that?
                    Bro, quit the sht out! You know its all about the eye test and the entertainment value and the way the fighter make the opp look silly. Up to his prime, Roy JOnes just makes his opp look silly, dumb and he just plain dominated them...Cant say the same thing abot Floyd.../

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
                      Bro, quit the sht out! You know its all about the eye test and the entertainment value and the way the fighter make the opp look silly. Up to his prime, Roy JOnes just makes his opp look silly, dumb and he just plain dominated them...Cant say the same thing abot Floyd.../
                      all about the eye test and entertainment??lol so you can look good fighting cab drivers and be great?? cause thats what you just wrote

Comment

Working...
                      X