No announcement yet.

What was the main factor that hector Camacho was never stopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    camacho was in close to 90 fights, and he was never stopped.

you may very well be looking at the record of his son.

Camacho took terrible beatings against Chavez, Trinidad, and De La Hoya and went 12 rounds in each. He deserves some credit for his courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

Camacho took terrible beatings against Chavez, Trinidad, and De La Hoya and went 12 rounds in each. He deserves some credit for his courage.
      I totally agree and with Oscar and tito he was fighting the odd's of younger, bigger and heavy handed boxer's. Chavez was at the peak of his powers

Comment

Camacho had all the attributes mentioned and something else. He used to walk around like a dandy! flashy clothes, machismo displays, hanging out etc...So when he got in the ring there was a tendency to think he would crack, so to speak. The truth was that Camacho senior was one very tough Borican S.O.B. I grew up in East Harlem and saw how my Puerto Rican friends were raised. usually there were two parents and mama was tough as La Motta...and with an equally good left hook!!

i well remember a teacher talking to a mother and the mother called her son over . When he admitted his misadventure she told him to look at her in the eye as she drew her hand back and thwacked him with a tremendous slap to the cheek. Then told him not to cry or another one was coming and to stand there for a minute to think about what he had done. My point is that camacho was brought up hard both in Puerto Rico and in East Harlem.

You saw this in the ring because when it came time to dig deep Camacho could do it. And yeah he had tremendous natural ability.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Camacho had all the attributes mentioned and something else. He used to walk around like a dandy! flashy clothes, machismo displays, hanging out etc...So when he got in the ring there was a tendency to think he would crack, so to speak. The truth was that Camacho senior was one very tough Borican S.O.B. I grew up in East Harlem and saw how my Puerto Rican friends were raised. usually there were two parents and mama was tough as La Motta...and with an equally good left hook!!

i well remember a teacher talking to a mother and the mother called her son over . When he admitted his misadventure she told him to look at her in the eye as she drew her hand back and thwacked him with a tremendous slap to the cheek. Then told him not to cry or another one was coming and to stand there for a minute to think about what he had done. My point is that camacho was brought up hard both in Puerto Rico and in East Harlem.

You saw this in the ring because when it came time to dig deep Camacho could do it. And yeah he had tremendous natural ability.
          Hector Camacho was a lot tougher than people tought. The streets in SPanish Harlem back then were tough and the parents were evn tougher. He brought that toughness and machismo to the ring each and every time.

Hector also did something better than most fighters, he could punch exceptionally well backing up. This is a skill he probably picked up from all the fights he had in the street when there was more than one aggressor and you have to acount for that. He also trained hard, his roadwork when he was dedicated was 10 miles and he would try to run that in 80 minutes.

Hector would lose fights and then you would see him in the stands watching the fights after, to him a fight was a fight, you give what you got and its part of being a man is how it seemed that he looked at it. He always came to fight. He took a beating from JCC and he kept trying.

Comment

Working...
          X