Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs has 3 title defenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has a secondary title that was only given to him because Jared Fletcher is so horrible that HBO wouldn't approve him to fight Golovkin and Golovkin's team realized they would be crucified if they took that fight, even though it was a mandatory, so a deal was made with the WBA, who will be happy with getting a Golovkin sanctioning fee and a Haymon sanctioning fee, and will probably never force Jacobs to fight Golovkin....but thats ok, right, since everyone is making money??

Comment

And only one win over a top ten opponent. He still had a ways to go before reaching GGG's stature.

Comment

trying to catch people who call golovkin's "world title" credible while discrediting jacobs'

you might fool osme of these guys, alrrbear. i am way, way too jaded for that

there really isn't a MW champion of the world right now. it's technically canelo, but he won it off fo cotto, who won it off of a deadman. and now canelo looks like he wants to turn it into the 155 lb championship of the world.

golovkin would be favored against any MW on the planet, and most of the SMWs. that's what really matters when you consider that the "champs" have all ducked and ran for cover.

Comment

i think it's very clear that golovkin shook floyd's fanboys down to the core.

the second they started campaigning against the same opponents all of the little money teamers went into full damage mode.

"He not proven until he moves to 168 doe."
          fight ward doe

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Danny Jacobs is not only a talented boxer but a charismatic individual with a great personality and a touching backstory as a cancer survivor turned boxing champion. He's also an exciting puncher.

Why do you think Boxing Scene shows him disrespect on a daily basis? Is it because he's American? Is it because he's black?
            lol this guy...

Comment

Depends on who he's fighting. If he fights top muddleweights I say about 2 or 3 more. I don't he'll get past guys like Lemule and Eubanks but he might be able to handle Geale and Soliman.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                How many do you think he can rack up?
                He does have 3 title defenses, you are exceptionally correct when it comes to observing and stating facts.

Comment

in PBC 20-1000

In a even playing field 1-2

Comment

I don't like a fighter? AND he's coincidentally black? I'm a racist apparently.
                    Wouldn't apply if I disliked any other color fighter.

The only people who dislike him are diehard Golovkin idiots who want Jacobs to fight Golovkin next month.
                    Stop blaming race if a black fighter isn't universally loved.

Personally I like the dude, talented but flawed, deserves his belt. Some people see it otherwise, so be it.
                    *Ohh, and here's Larry again with another thinly-veiled Golovkin thread.

Comment

Speaking of Jacobs defenses reminds me of GGGs defenses. I think he has like 13 or more. Pretty impressive.

It depends who Jacobs fights, but I think he can rack up 3 more defenses.

Comment

Working...
                      X