Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Older Past Prime 2002 Lewis vs Current Wlad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    yea,,,im surprised its so one sided. dont get me wrong,,,,lewis was great and had more veratility than wlad but wlad cracks every bit as hard as lennox imo and lennox has been knocked out by guys not nearly as accurate or hard hitting
    Wlad doesn't let his hands go though.

What happened when Lewis fought a big guy with power? I'm thinking Golota, I'm thinking Grant.

None were as skilled as Wlad, but a similar outcome wouldn't surprise me. Wlad hasn't showed me anything ever that would prove he'd ever go for broke. And he would have to against Lewis.

Comment

Wlad has got to be in control before he starts letting his hands go. He would never gain that control against someone as skilled as Lewis. His holding wouldn't work either. Lewis is as big and strong and throws punches in clinches. Lewis is all wrong for Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
        To support your agenda, you claim fighters you like are past it at an younger age. Fighters you don't like such as the Klitschkos you say are prime when they are old.

Lewis wasn't faded in 2002 at age 36, he looked the same as he always had. Mike Tyson however although slightly younger was definitely past it, because he was clearly slower than he had been.
        Lol - it's only you who have an agenda! To make the Klitschko's seem much better than they are.

It's impressive that Klitschko can fight at 38 - it really is. But that doesn't mean he's greater than Lennox because Lennox retired at 36 or 37 or whatever.

Lennox had been one fight removed from a brutal knock-out by the time he fought Tyson, I doubt anyone in their right mind would say he was 'prime'

Yes, Tyson was past it. Is anyone disputing that and why are we talking about age? It has no significance.

Comment

Lewis in a pretty straight forward, boring chess match.

Comment

Lewis would win.

Wlad is very good, but not on Lewis's level. And I think Lewis would be a lot more respectful of his power and talent than he was against Rahman.

Comment

Working...
            X