Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Floyd regret his comeback?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teddy said something beautiful about why boring Floyd should stay retired.

Teddy Atlas calls Floyd's style TV unfriendly

Teddy Atlas: The way that fight went and the styles of the two fighters, one guy that can be aggressive and the other fighter who takes the air out of the ball. Mayweather fights a defensive fight, he doesn’t take chances. I love Floyd, but it is what it is, he fights a careful fight, he disarms you, he doesn’t fight a TV friendly fight.

Teddy Atlas: When people want to pay for something that happened already, they want the hope that it’s going to be interesting, that it’s going to be a barn burner, that there’s going to be flames. When Floyd fights, he does the opposite, he puts the flames out. I just don’t see the market for that fight.

# Floyd's TV unfriendly boring style not suitable for ppv.

# Floyd's the culprit he should just stay retired if he can't give the viewers their money's worth.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 05-14-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
      There is literally no way he loses. He will not fight someone he can lose against.
      Who should he pick then? Who he could lose against.

Comment

No. He'd pick an opponent he would easily beat. Think Danny Garcia or Kell Brook.

Comment

only if its against manny.. i know 300 mil + sounds good but the zero will go. not worth it champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
            There is literally no way he loses. He will not fight someone he can lose against.
            Bingo, you can forget Golovkin, or Thurman or Lara or anyone that might be a tough match up for him.

Hell fight DSG, Khan, and next upcoming fave first plodder.TBE.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Most great fighters have damaged their rep or legacy by staying around too long so odds are Floyd will too if he's isn't retired for good as of Berto.

I mean think about how we'd be talking about RJJ right now if he'd have retired after winning the HW title. RJJ would be top 5 atg in the knuckleheads opinions who track atg silliness.

Regretting is a whole other story doe. I imagine RJJ doesn't regret still fighting nor would very many great fighters who damaged their reps & legacy's. Or if they did regret it they'd only regret that one last fight that really got them & not the 3 before that when they were looking ****ty or just not as great as they used to but were still winning so it was all good.
              Roy jones should have retired back then but tarver kept calling him out.

Like most fighters, roy has an ego and pride.

Tarver was talking s.h.i.t at the jones vs ruiz post fight presser
              Last edited by MrRolltide91; 05-14-2016, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his comeback fight. People think figures like Mayweather are inhuman until father time stabs them in the back.

He'll be 40 this February. He's already slid to the point that his reflexes have greatly diminished, along with his balance and punch variety. The next step is the inability to pull the trigger completely.

Comment

Not if it's McGregor not if it's a 9 figure payday. I for one am not against the McGregor fight and believe that's what number 50 is. We all laughed when he said Berto could possibly be next, sports writers joked about in articles until it was actually the next fight. Don't laugh at this one, cause it's next.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
                    No. He'd pick an opponent he would easily beat. Think Danny Garcia or Kell Brook.
                    think Alvarez, think Thurman, think Lara, think Garcia think Khan think anyone you want. He's favored to beat every boxer alive by higly favorable odds. There's no one for him to come back for, which is why they're seriously considering McGregor. You can all think that UFC contract means something all they way until the fights actually announced. Conor's next.

Comment

Seems to me they don't usually end well. At least for fighters that I've liked over the years...usually you end up there staring blankly at the screen as your favorite fighter is out there being embarrassed by guys who couldn't carry their bags in their hey day. Personally, I'm still shaking off the depression caused by fights like Chavez Sr. vs Willy Wise and others. I don't think it ends well but sometimes for a boxing lifer like Floyd that's just the way it has to go

Comment

Working...
                      X