Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Carl Froch one of the worst SMW champs in history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch will fight anyone, he even fought Bute when Ward was ducking him. The guy is a warrior.

Comment

He's actually one of the greatest Super Middleweight's ever.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
        Call me what you want but I scored the fight with Glen Johnson a draw. A draw with Johnson?! Wow.
        Yeah in YOUR OPPINION. you saying it was a draw doesn't make it so

Comment

He was getting schooled by Jermain Taylor until Taylor gassed out Froch luckily stopped him in the 12th with 16 seconds left. If Taylor would of survived then he would of beat Froch even with the knockdowns. That's how much he was ahead.
          So then it doesn't count?

I guess Marcianos win over jersey joe walcott shouldn't count either

or jcc's win over taylor

I could go on and on.

Froch knocked taylor OUT. He BEAT him. Knockouts are a part of the game. deal with it

Comment

pascal
            taylor
            abraham
            g.johnson
            bute

how can anybody hate on that resume?

Comment

Froch is a true champ..you must be a ****** not to like the guy..he's a warrior..every punch he throws is with bad intention..

Comment

guy fights the best fight after fight the only tune up hes takin in the past 6 yrs was his last fight against mack

u fg to mention undefeated
                pascal
                then
                taylor
                dirrel
                kessler
                abraham'
                johnson
                bute

my #1 resume right now

Comment

I agree with TS that Froch is getting overrated, probably the result of so many people underrating him when the S6 started. He proved them wrong so many times that they now consider him greater than he really is.

And his warrior image is also getting annoying. He handpicked Yusaf Mack when Sakio Bika was available. And he's not talking about rematching Dirrell in the states.

That being said he's not one of the worst SMW champs in history, not even close. You have to be on crack to believe that.

Comment

How many smw champs do you rate over carl froch? How many under?

Comment

In my opinion heart and fearlessness does not determine whether you're a skilled champion or not.

Amir Khan is a warrior with alot of heart and no fear, but that does not make up for his lack of defense and mediocre offense (throwing uppercuts from long range!!!) and there are many who consider him a bum, whatever whatever because of that.

So please no double standards.
                      First off, Froch isn't Marquez, but the guy has some skills, its just that hes awkward! But Your thread is , "is he the worst SMW of all time" not is he one of the least skilled. So your backtracking on yourself. Skill is only a part of boxing, you need heart and balls also, how many guys are in the HOF that have a distinct lack of skills, and are still considered great, like look at the Late great Carmen Basilio or Jake LaMotta they weren't they most skilled but their Heart, sheer will and chin made up for areas that were lacking! For every Mayweather or Ande Ward boxing has, it equally need guys like Froch, Rios or Mares with Warrior spirit!

Comment

Working...
                      X