Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roadwork done the proper way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people think just because something is new it is necessarily better. I hope your not going to argue that todays boxers are in better shape than the 15 round fighters of the past. I know some new technologies do help, like nutrition. But nothing replaces Hard Work.

There are no short cuts to greatness my friend.

Did your really say conditioning is only 20% of boxing?

as an aside, i ran a race last week. I did not eat like i should have. I had several moment during the race i felt like walking. I chose not to. The mental strength gained by gutting out a fast paced 3 to 6 mile run cannot be overlooked.

Comment

i thought the old sayin was 80 percent conditioning 20 percent skills? no? bro your a clown, quit going all internet warrior and trying to train cats on here, 20 percent bro? really?

a sign they got at my gym says a bunch of **** about focus and defense, then big and bold

"when all is said an done, condition is number one"

your gonna win most of your amateur fights at the lower levels based on CONDITIONING ALONE. the skills aspect of boxing, while extremely crucial when your moving up to the higher levels of competition, really doesnt mean much in the pits of the amateurs, at least until you turn open( in the US I dont know how other nations amateur programs are).

condition condition condition

and I completely agree with the above post, the mental conditioning that comes from long runs cannot be understated. thats where you start building that evander holyfield style "i will not be denied" ethos
      Last edited by raf727; 09-13-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by raf727 View Post
        i thought the old sayin was 80 percent conditioning 20 percent skills? no?
        No, no, no...my bad. I meant 80% anerobic and 20% aerobic!
        Interval training is hard work. I'm not saying boxers are fitter now just there's more knowledge. Ariza's fighters don't do long runs. Manny Pac does mostly sprinting. It's all relevent.

Comment

Originally posted by dctopboots01 View Post
          You what? I'm not trying to change boxing, I'm only trying to help fighters get the best from training...but thanks for the heads up.

you are clearly in no position to do that.

are you even serious?

Comment

Originally posted by dctopboots01 View Post
            Ariza's fighters don't do long runs. Manny Pac does mostly sprinting. It's all relevent.
            Actually Freddie Roach has been quoted as saying that Pacquiao does 7-8 mile runs uphill.

Comment

Sorry, not going for this.

Longer runs are the best way for me to build up my stamina AND prevent the gain of muscle, which is a problem for me. When I train too anaerobically, I develop muscle weight and don't have the stamina to make it through a 2 to 2.5 hour training session.

Tip is noted, but I'll stick to what has worked for the great fighters in history.

Comment

Working...
              X