Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone remind me what happen to Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone remind me what happen to Mikey Garcia?

Is he injured? He hasn't fought in over a year

He got abducted by aliens.

Comment

Not sure, maybe he's still looking for his glass chin from his last fight. Gamboa would ****ing serve him something proper.

Comment

It is really some weird ass ****. The guy was really staying busy in the ring for a while and was steadily climbing the ranks, and then poof, gone. I don't really know the backstory and all of its details, but I'm sure there are others who could fill us in.

I just saw a very recent Robert Garcia interview and he was asked about Mikey, and then Robert shot down the question real fast and said basically "Mike isn't fighting anymore so I don't have an answer for that".

wtf

Comment

Salido scared him

Comment

Killed by the CIA

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              Is he injured? He hasn't fought in over a year
              Mikey Garcia is stuck in Bob Arum-induced purgatory, waiting out his contract (without the real prospect of having a third party come in and buy his contract from Top Rank).

Mikey's been waiting for a resolution for 16 months, Bob Arum doesn't give a **** about Mikey or his family, so he's probably going to be sitting out for another 12-16 months (whatever time is left on the deal).

Hopefully Mikey is staying fit in the gym, because he's still young enough (will only be 28 at the end of the year) to make a go in boxing, once the clock runs out.

Comment

this is exactly what happened,

Alex Ariza got into his ear, and said haymon can do this and that all he needs to do is get out of contract, Robert garcia got wind and fired ariza.

now that where they at.

Comment

I don't think Mikey cares about fighting anymore. He's never been thrilled at it and even though he had the potential to be at least a HOFer, he's content not fighting at all which is his right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                    I don't think Mikey cares about fighting anymore. He's never been thrilled at it and even though he had the potential to be at least a HOFer, he's content not fighting at all which is his right.
                    Which is pretty incredibly considering how talented the guy is. But yeah there have been a lot of whispers (loud whispers actually, if there's such a thing) that boxing was/is just a job to Mikey as opposed to a passion.

Comment

Working...
                    X