Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why no love for julian j-rock williams around here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
    Real talk. **** prospects. PBP ain't on your bandwagon until you beat somebody. Amir Imam got me cautious.
    Join your brother from another, and get on the Spence train.

Comment

Haven't heard much about a Williams-Trout fight since he destroyed Cuello, is that fight dead? Seems like they were building it up by having Trout call the fight and with that entire confrontation afterward.

As everyone else said, he lacks a good name on his resume. These other guys at least have wins over shopworn guys with names, or contenders like Rosado, Vanes, Molina, etc. Not the best, but names/solid opposition that at least makes you think. J-Rock's best are Cuello and Alcine. Once he does fight someone, trust me, people will recognize him.
      Last edited by BoxerDood; 11-29-2015, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I just prospective matchmake via known alliances these days lol.

Idk if Andrade's team is down with him fighting on PBC or not. Seems like Andrade has interest, but guessing his promoter gots the bigger call with all that. I'd definitely love to see him fight a lot of those PBC guys.
        I hear you with the matchmaking...i just meant the state of the division itself. Full of young fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
          http://boxingjunkie.com/2015/11/17/j...me-co-feature/

J-Rock was reported to be back in January as the co-main to Wilder. Supposedly IBF eliminator, likely Michael Soro (Soro & TR previously agreed to fight Trout in the IBF eliminator but Trout pulled out). That's a 50/50 fight, so I wouldn't be surprised if they skip Soro and go for Hosokawa or Teixeira.

Also rumor (likely thru Stephen Edwards), that Jermall Charlo is vacating his IBF strap and moving up to 160 and that Ronnie Shields rejected J-Rock over Wilky Campfort for Charlo's defense.
          Yea...there was an interview with williams talking about truot backing out.

Comment

I think he gets plenty of props on this site. I can't remember anybody saying anything bad about him actually

Comment

Working...
            X