Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does eating junk food, i.e. pizza affect ur stamina?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. Its standard knowledge. When I eat healthy I always feel fitter and more energized. When I eat fast food rubbish, I feel bad and lack the same energy. Nutrition is key in the success of the top athletes in the world. If it didn't matter then we could get away with eating junk everyday. It's in moderation.

Good nutritious habits should be at the top of your list if you want to reach peak form and progress. Seriously, Diet is a big deal in being an athlete or going beyond. Garbage food is a hindrance to your progress. Cut the crap out your diet and see a better/healthier you.

Good luck pal.

Comment

Calories in calories out.

Some foods are good for your stamina though, apples and watermelon.

Comment

The answers only obvious.....

That said, unless you're trying to be in world class competition shape, its nothing you need to worry about. It will affect it, but its nothing that you can't 'fix'.

Comment

thank u for ur replies.

Comment

I wouldn't eat pizza stc ''Junk Food'' to gain weight, eat brown rice and pasta... they will give you long sustained energy.. Junk food with give u shorts amount off energy and send ur body crashin

Comment

Eating more junk foods is not a good for the health and fitness because junk and fast foods has more amount of fat and cholesterol which increase the body fat level and gain the weight, it may also cause the obesity, this condition is not good for the heart health.

adamprowse
              Last edited by Craig333; 11-02-2013, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Just read that eating foods high in iron help improve your stamina. Eg Beans, Spinach, red meat and pumpkin

Comment

Keep in mind that eventhough you might put on extra weight, that weight mostly consists of fat. You however still have the same muscle mass. You'll basically put a heavier weight in motion with the same muscle mass. This will demand more from your muscles and therefore will take more energy. Taking this into account it's only logical you will become slower, will get tired sooner, et cetera.. Especially because you dont eat well to properly fuel your muscles so you won't get the desired effect.

Compare it to putting the same light engine into a heavier car. The engine will have a harder time.

Comment

oh really, I have to give up this habit .

Comment

You can gain weight without resorting to junk food. Generally speaking, junk food is nothing more than empty calories that will make you feel more fatigued and the majority of the weight you'll put on will be fat.

Like someone before me mentioned, foods like pasta(make sure its whole grain and not the refined crap), sweet potatoes, chicken breasts, fish, and eggs to name a few will help you move up to whatever weight class you desire. The key here is to eat more frequently and increase your portions a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                      X