Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the best fights in boxing not happening?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Excellent post
    That dude sent me a red k without responding to me Sneaky a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
      For example...I read somewhere Garcia might be fighting Berto. What has Berto done to get a title shot? The guy hasn't won a big fight ever and he's easy to knockout. His chin might be one level better than Khans but Garcia, a guy who calls himself a champion, has put his name in the discussion to fight. Easy money! LOL!
      But you had no problem with that guy in your profile pic giving Dominic Britsch a title fight ???? FOH with your faux outrage about a former champ coming off a win getting a shot when they guy your guy was gonna give a shot was nothing more than a domestic level european.

This is for the WBO WORLD Championship. This shouldn't even be allowed. Ain't no way in hell that Rohan Murdoch is worse than this. Dominic Wade would beat this guy. This is worse than Salka. This guy has no business being anywhere near a world title shot. This is dangerous. I know you can't always go by records but look at the records and weights of his opponents.

His last 6 fights:

162.75 lbs Britsch 32-2-1
      163.25 lbs Slavisa Simeunovic 21-13-0
      UD 8/8 Britsch

162 lbs Britsch 31-2-1
      167.5 lbs Aro Schwartz 6-0-0
      UD 10/10 Britsch

162 lbs Britsch 30-2-1
      145.5 lbs Adnan Zilic 12-11-0
      RTD 1/8 Britsch

162 lbs Britsch 29-2-1
      156.5 lbs Suleyman Dag 10-63-0
      TKO 2/6 Britsch

159.75 lbs Britsch 28-1-1
      159.75 lbs Soufiene Ouerghi 5-3-0
      MD 8/8 Ouerghi

159.5 lbs Britsch 27-1-1
      157.75lbs Soufiene Ouerghi 5-2-0
      MD 8/8 Britsch

THE GUY WASN'T EVEN RANKED IN THE TOP 100 MIDDLEWEIGHTS!!!!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=715475

Comment

UFC is killing boxing, and rightfully so. We got the three biggest fighters (Canelo, GGG, Pacquiao) fighting mismatches or fights no one cares about.

Comment

Spencer fighting Bundu in some park with no undercards shown is a sign this sport has gone to the dogs.

Comment

It's simple, the answer is always money.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              This has always been the state of boxing. Boxing, unlike MMA, is a sport not a promotion. If all of these fighters were with one promotion we'd see the fights happen. For an idea of how it would happen just look at Top Rank. All they do is have in-house fights. UFC is just like Top Rank, all in-house fights. MMA is more fractured than boxing. When was the last time UFC worked with another MMA promoter?
              Killing it dawg! another day on boxingscene more b*tching.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                But you had no problem with that guy in your profile pic giving Dominic Britsch a title fight ???? FOH with your faux outrage about a former champ coming off a win getting a shot when they guy your guy was gonna give a shot was nothing more than a domestic level european.

This is for the WBO WORLD Championship. This shouldn't even be allowed. Ain't no way in hell that Rohan Murdoch is worse than this. Dominic Wade would beat this guy. This is worse than Salka. This guy has no business being anywhere near a world title shot. This is dangerous. I know you can't always go by records but look at the records and weights of his opponents.

His last 6 fights:

162.75 lbs Britsch 32-2-1
                163.25 lbs Slavisa Simeunovic 21-13-0
                UD 8/8 Britsch

162 lbs Britsch 31-2-1
                167.5 lbs Aro Schwartz 6-0-0
                UD 10/10 Britsch

162 lbs Britsch 30-2-1
                145.5 lbs Adnan Zilic 12-11-0
                RTD 1/8 Britsch

162 lbs Britsch 29-2-1
                156.5 lbs Suleyman Dag 10-63-0
                TKO 2/6 Britsch

159.75 lbs Britsch 28-1-1
                159.75 lbs Soufiene Ouerghi 5-3-0
                MD 8/8 Ouerghi

159.5 lbs Britsch 27-1-1
                157.75lbs Soufiene Ouerghi 5-2-0
                MD 8/8 Britsch

THE GUY WASN'T EVEN RANKED IN THE TOP 100 MIDDLEWEIGHTS!!!!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=715475
                Lol...He just beat Abraham and everyone knows that's even after that victory, he's a prospect. Golovkin said earlier this year that Ramirez was too experienced right now. LOL...We disgree, it's okay. You don't need to explain yourself to me. Just be the promoter that you are and make boxing better. I'm not about to talk in circles. You know the expectations of guy like Garcia is much higher than Ramirez right now. And even if Ramirez kept defending his title against inferior opponents (hasn't defended yet), I'd criticize him the same.

Comment

two sided "A list" fights have been priced out off of HBO and showtime.

they just can't afford to pay two "A side" purses. so the fights either go to PPV, or they don't happen at all. just look at what happened to HBO when they paid alexander and bradley 3 million to fight [and the loser got 1.25 million garantee to come back ] rememeber that fight? no :lol1? well ok then!

in a single word, it is because of inflation. the fees to get a license to carry these fights are too high for regular HBO.

if danny garcia can make a million to fight a salka, he will. he will not take a million to fight spence after you give him a million to fight salka. you've inflated the purses.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                    I agree with everything you've said. I've never been a fan of building a fight. They're professionals. We don't hear any other sport (individual or team) saying, "let the (sporting event) build". I always despise these guys who repeat it. Canelo vs GGG didn't happen. Ward vs Kovalev might not happen. I always looked at it as a fighter getting a good solid payday and fans paying for a glorified sparring match. If the sport died or took a huge fall, a combination of everyone is to blame. Fans included! People pay to see these guy fight minimal opposition (over and over and over and over) and it's sad!

There is nothing beneficial about being a fan boy. There is nothing interesting about fans who sit around sucking one fighter off knowing d*mn well he needs to step up. They begin to repeat the same irrelevant reasons the promoters and fighters are saying.

For example...I read somewhere Garcia might be fighting Berto. What has Berto done to get a title shot? The guy hasn't won a big fight ever and he's easy to knockout. His chin might be one level better than Khans but Garcia, a guy who calls himself a champion, has put his name in the discussion to fight. Easy money! LOL!
                    They do though. Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors was built up with an 82 game season and 3 additional playoff series. The Cavs and Warriors play all the teams whether it be the OKC Thunder or the Milwaukee Bucks. The best don't play the best night in and night out.

Same thing with the Super Bowl. It's built up with a 16 game regular season and 3 playoff games.

Megafights are built up through two stand out fighters, beating top contenders in their division and ending up being the last 2 men standing.

Comment

If you look at it logically, the reason is that it's too easy to avoid them. For both the fighters and the promoters. Until it becomes too difficult for fighters to make money any other way than fighting top competition, they will continue to avoid fighting top competition.

It's easy to blame this promoter or that promoter, but they all have a hand in it. They're all part of the same fu*ked up system. The promoters don't design the incentives, they just live by them. Granted guys like Arum and Haymon are far more responsible for this than smaller promoters because they have more power. But they are operating under the established logic of the sport as well, build stars up soft and match them even softer unless there's a truckload of money parked outside.

The biggest problem is that it's hard for anyone to make long term investment in the future of the sport when they might not survive long enough to see the return from it. So it's all about making money now, bleeding whatever you can get out of the game while you have the chance.

The balance is all out of whack in the sport. That philosophy is extremely destructive and has been eating away at the sport for decades. The promotional cold war is obviously very bad for the sport as a whole, but for a while at least, it was working out ok for the players.

And if you're a smaller player, forget about it. When you're trying to keep the lights on you're not going to gamble away the one or two stars you have because it's the 'right thing to do for the sport'. You're going to hold them close until you get a satisfactory return on your investment.

My two cents is that boxing needs a financial crash. The business landscape needs levelling. This might mean PBC going bust, or HBO withdrawing for good, or anything that sucks tens of millions out off the game. A big external shock is needed to bring all the players back to the same table again.

These dudes (1) have to be forced to work together to make money again, and (2) have to be forced to innovate. Both those things need to happen for boxing to move forward. A big financial shock is the surest way to bring it about. When these guys are desperately trying to put a series of multi-promoter tournaments together in order to make some dough, then you'll know we're going somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X