No announcement yet.

Best finishers in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    If we're going that far back I would think Stanley Ketchell deserves a mention as well.

While I have no doubt Ketchel was a great finisher, it would seem he was more a 1 punch ko guy who rarely had to finish an opponent after landing that 1 flush shot.

Comment

What do you guys think about Juan Manuel Lopez? I think it's pretty impressive to have 27 KO's in only 30 fights at the lower weights. He impressed the **** outta me with the Ponce De Leon fight. We were camping outside with my friends and my sisters friends one night, she had a laptop out there and I remember EVERYBODY hyping that fight up, so I snatched that ***** told my boys there was gonna be a war, then Lopez dropped him. You know theirs a lotta good fights were a great fighter gets dropped in the first round so we expected a fight of the year type *****, then he dropped him again! Started to think it'd be some JMM-Pac 1 *****! hahah then he dropped him again! hahah fight over!

Comment

Tyson was the most ruthless and efficient finisher I've seen.

The topic reminds me of a piece in TIME magazine some years ago. It referred to the Jimmy Doyle inquest after he died in a fight with Sugar Ray Robinson. SRR was asked if he knew that Doyle was in trouble. He replied: "Sir, it's my business to get people in trouble."

Comment

Working...
        X