No announcement yet.

Should I pick Winning, Grant or Cletos.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellas,

My Grant training gloves finally arrived. I'm not impress, nor does it suck. Having now tried Cleto & Grant gloves. I think Ringside's top of the line gloves hang with the best of 'em. I haven't tried Winning yet. But now that I've tried 2 out of the 3 brand name boxing gloves in the market, I think Ringside is f**kin' way underrated. Ringside though, ain't what they use to be, but their equipment is up to par with the best.

I wonder why I don't see enough pro fighters sporting Ringside. f**k Cleto's if you're only sparring/training, same with Grant's, go w/ Ringside, it's cheaper and good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
      neither, your a fukin disgrace to boxing gloves, your only doing it cause you wanna become like your hero pacquiao, stupid bum..
      LOLOLOL man i love this guy. mentions pacquiao in 99.9% of his posts, even when the subject has nothing to do with pac. ahahhaha.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
        LOLOLOL man i love this guy. mentions pacquiao in 99.9% of his posts, even when the subject has nothing to do with pac. ahahhaha.
        he is a pacfan by heart, just having a hard time admitting it

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
          Fellas,

My Grant training gloves finally arrived. I'm not impress, nor does it suck. Having now tried Cleto & Grant gloves. I think Ringside's top of the line gloves hang with the best of 'em. I haven't tried Winning yet. But now that I've tried 2 out of the 3 brand name boxing gloves in the market, I think Ringside is f**kin' way underrated. Ringside though, ain't what they use to be, but their equipment is up to par with the best.

I wonder why I don't see enough pro fighters sporting Ringside. f**k Cleto's if you're only sparring/training, same with Grant's, go w/ Ringside, it's cheaper and good quality.
          it depends what you consider a "good" type of gloves.

aren't grant and reyes known to be punchers gloves? also with less padding on the knuckle area?

i'd consider a "good" glove, a protective glove.

i've tried Winning, Reyes, Ringside IMF, Ringside Safety, Ringside Ultimate Classic, Ringside International, Title Platinum, Title Traditional, and Everlast Professional.

out of those, WINNING protects my hands the most. IMF tech and Ringside International get 2nd place for me. Everlast Pro gets a 3rd place for me (excellent wrist support, good enough knuckle padding, but dense).

Reyes, wasn't nice on my hands. I think Reyes are for people who have a grudge on one of their sparring partners, or for the experienced veterans who don't need the additional hand protection, or for people who want to "feel" their punches, hence the lower amount of padding.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
            I am only planning to use one type of glove for my training/sparring.

Whichever brand I pick it's gonna be that brands training gloves. Some people say that buying two types of gloves are necessary ie a bag glove and a training glove.

I say, no need, from my own prior experience, I've used training gloves before for everything, ie sparring/mitt work/bag work and they held up fine for years.

And if I am going to add a bag glove, it's definitely gonna be the Winning velcro 14 oz.

But right now, I need y'alls help on which brand to go with and why y'all prefer that particular brand.
            Everlast has been makin some nice gloves too... don't count those out.

Comment

I have the Cleto Reyes sparring gloves and they hold up real good but i would recommend having two different types of gloves for sparring and bag/pad work, i got the Cleto Reyes classic headgear and it covers your face real good even the nose too my boy got the New everlast Full max facebar headgear and it is alot smaller fitting than the other everlast facebar one they had witch makes it alot better it compares alot to the winning one

Comment

grants are good for bag work

cleto and winning are good sparring gloves to wear.

Comment

winning all day, Reyes are only good for pro fights, no point in getting unprotective gloves for training. You can hurt your sparring partners more as well.

Grants are ok but i personally find them to bulk (the pro 16oz) just way to big and long for my liking.

Comment

everlast protex 3 are some fine, fine gloves.

Comment

If money is not an issue, get the Winning velcro wrap training gloves. (The lace are pro fighting gloves)

If it is, get the Ringsides.

Comment

Working...
                      X