No announcement yet.

to old to start boxing???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slipx View Post
    B-Hop was 25 or 26 when he started boxin.
    loool no he never. He won the world title when he was like 30 but started boxing in Prison. I heard he started pretty late though.

Comment

The story of Bernard Hopkins begins 40 years ago on the tough streets of Northern Philadelphia, where a young man did what he felt he needed to do survive in the face of daily life. Unfortunately, the decisions the young Hopkins made led him to Graterford State Penitentiary at the age of 17. Determined to not let this setback define him, Hopkins boxed while in prison, hoping to get his chance to turn his life around. That chance came in 1988, when Hopkins, now 23, was released after 56 months.

He turned pro a few months after getting out

Comment

Yeah your never to old, remember Scott Pemberton was like 26 and never had a ameteur bout when he first started, and he did well for himself really.

Comment

I firmly believe that if you are talented you can start very late (late 20's) and still make it.

If you dont have talent but just a good work ethic then you really need to have started very young.

Talent will allow you to pick things up virtually straight away...

There are alot of pro's who aren`t talented, but have been boxing since the age of 9 or so and have these skills brainwashed into them...

these types of fighters usually look technically good, but can`t change their style at all during a fight, they are pretty much one dimensional and as a result generally dont get to the top..

Talented fighters can change their style to fit their opponent during a fight...they pick things up quickly and have a gift like very fast hands and a ko punch in one or both hands.. these are the guys who get to be champions.

Talented fighters sometimes suffer from psychological weakness and conditioning issues however, which is why one of these untalented pro's who's had a gumshield in his mouth since the age of 3, can pull off an upset.

Comment

**** i'm about to turn 23 at the end of the month and have no experience either and i wanna get started...lol i've been in plenty of street fights though at clubs and parties

Comment

Working...
            X