Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the myth that Maidana is weak to the body start from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did the myth that Maidana is weak to the body start from?

I'm guessing hes the only fighter who has went down from a body shot by the way people talk about, "hes weak to the body". I'm guessing everyone else just loves to be hit in the ribs.

The Khan fight.

Comment

I think Victor and Amir dropped him with bodyshot

Comment

amir khan has no power and made him cry

Comment

I think it's the typical b-scene mindset. Get dropped from a body shot once or twice in your career? You're weak to the body and a wind gust that hits you knocks you down. Get KO'd once in your career? Glass jaw. Lose 3 times in 25 fights? Journeyman bum. Don't come out of the corner in the 9th round because your left eyeball is hanging out of its socket? Quitter and coward. And so on.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            Josesito Lopez hurt him to the body too.

Comment

If I remember correctly, Devon dropped him with a body shot too, but it wasn't ruled.

Just checked, it was the hook did more damage and he didn't lose his footing until he was pushed down.
              Last edited by BoxerDood; 04-12-2015, 06:34 PM.

Comment

he was shown to be hurt to the body in the past, and he could also be perceived as soft to the body more so since he's kinda flabby

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I think it's the typical b-scene mindset. Get dropped from a body shot once or twice in your career? You're weak to the body and a wind gust that hits you knocks you down. Get KO'd once in your career? Glass jaw. Lose 3 times in 25 fights? Journeyman bum. Don't come out of the corner in the 9th round because your left eyeball is hanging out of its socket? Quitter and coward. And so on.
                  LOL this is so true

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    nah ortiz never dropped him to the body, all knockdowns were from hooks he didn't see coming.

Comment

Working...
                    X