Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of Malignaggi as a good boxer...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The notion that Paulette was ever anything above average was always one of the funniest things to me on b-scene. Credit to him for being a C plus fighter that greatly overachieved -- he parlayed really, really mediocre skills into a nice little career and a cushy commentating gig, but the talk around here about how he was some great pure boxer...**** is/was funny.

He's the definition of average.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      Not really - when you look at guys like Mauricio Herrera and Tim Bradley who have 4 and 12 kos respectively. Now compare their skill level with that of Paulie and you would have an idea why I don't think Paulie is a good boxer at the elite level.
      Paulie has half the power of both and could beat Herrera.

Cotto never stopped him it was actually a close fight , most peoplenever watchedit Cotto won by maybe 2 or 3rds

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
        Paulie has half the power of both and could beat Herrera.

Cotto never stopped him it was actually a close fight , most peoplenever watchedit Cotto won by maybe 2 or 3rds
        Half the power? Paulie's got 7 kos, Herra 4 and while Bradley has a few more kos, Bradley just goes for it, he engages and he tries to take your head off and eventually he wears guys down. Paulie, he'd rather flick a jab and arm punch straight right hand. That's about it. Jab, jab, ten thousand jabs and a right hand.

Comment

Malignaggi is a good fighter. He sticks his jab out, has decent footwork, and comes in shape. He's had decent wins, but the fact that he can't earn a fighter's respect with a lack of punching power has been his downfall. He couldn't back up porter and porter just worked the inside and Tyson'd Malignaggi. He's a two time world champ for a reason and has fought world class. Even when he commentates he's always on point. He sees things he would do and points out things these "experts" don't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Half the power? Paulie's got 7 kos, Herra 4 and while Bradley has a few more kos, Bradley just goes for it, he engages and he tries to take your head off and eventually he wears guys down. Paulie, he'd rather flick a jab and arm punch straight right hand. That's about it. Jab, jab, ten thousand jabs and a right hand.
            As far as i know Bradley doesnt suffer from hand problems, Mallignaggi does. Cant compare the two

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              The notion that Paulette was ever anything above average was always one of the funniest things to me on b-scene. Credit to him for being a C plus fighter that greatly overachieved -- he parlayed really, really mediocre skills into a nice little career and a cushy commentating gig, but the talk around here about how he was some great pure boxer...**** is/was funny.

He's the definition of average.
              You should look up the definition of average. Because your definition is wrong.

Comment

Yeah you know what, that was a little harsh.

I'll admit that he's ever so slightly above average. Happy?

Comment

Working...
                X