No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins took calculated risks, he is 1 of the most overrated modern ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    So you won't answer the question? Because, what I said was that the fight wasn't something in discussion until 2001. No one on message boards was clamoring for it, just like no is clamoring for Danny Jacobs-James DeGale even though the two are one division apart.
    who was the percieved best middleweight....Hopkins until he unified

who was the percieved best super middleweight....Calzaghe until he proved it and unified

when did these guys campaign in the same division or just one apart? their entire career

its simple stop acting stupid, oh i forgot you're not acting

its threads on this MESSAGE BOARD about GGG vs Lara and guys at 154 or 168 being made everyday but you dont believe people discussed Hopkins vs Calzaghe years before it happened?

yea right....cocaine is a hell of a drug

Comment

• Originally posted by lightsout_finit
      Schoolin???
      That guy just makes **** up!
      A cowardly liar...

According to moron Irondan Toney wastes energy by loading up....
      Toney is the definition of a relaxed fighter....
      That alone tells you ironham DKSAB

That clown even insinuated Toney had a bad defence...

Lets not forget the way Hopkins fans always ignore the question
      Of who has more heart and who has bigger balls when it comes to a Toney/Hopkins debate....
      toney doesnt load up and was one of the most relaxed fighters in the ring.
      I dont pay attention to ScrapIronStan

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        who was the percieved best middleweight....Hopkins until he unified

who was the percieved best super middleweight....Calzaghe until he proved it and unified

when did these guys campaign in the same division or just one apart? their entire career

its simple stop acting stupid, oh i forgot you're not acting

its threads on this MESSAGE BOARD about GGG vs Lara and guys at 154 or 168 being made everyday but you dont believe people discussed Hopkins vs Calzaghe years before it happened?

yea right....cocaine is a hell of a drug
        Actually, from 1998-2000 (around there), there was plenty of debate as to who was the best super middleweight. Sven Ottke boasted a better resume (up until 2000 anyway) and even though some of his wins were controversial, he was ranked #1 by several publications. Calzaghe looked to be the better fighter but was wildly inconsistent. But I know this because I actually followed the sport then.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Actually, from 1998-2000 (around there), there was plenty of debate as to who was the best super middleweight. Sven Ottke boasted a better resume (up until 2000 anyway) and even though some of his wins were controversial, he was ranked #1 by several publications. Calzaghe looked to be the better fighter but was wildly inconsistent. But I know this because I actually followed the sport then.
          bro give it up.....if people spend all day talking about GGG fighting people at 154 and 168

you dont think that people talked about Hopkins fighting winky wright(THE BEST AT 154) and Calzaghe(the best at 168)?

the fights eventually happened but they happened after the fights really mattered to some fans.

we talked about these fights all the time on east side B00XING

so was ottke vs Calzaghe a topic we talked about....difference is, the fight never happened
          Last edited by therealpugilist; 07-29-2016, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Schoolin???
            A cowardly liar...

Of who has more heart and who has bigger balls when it comes to a Toney/Hopkins debate....
            Never once insinuated Toney has a bad defense. However his defense is overrated.

Right, you're telling Toney doesn't load up his punches? So what was he doing when he was following Reggie Johnson around the ring and trying to land one huge right and missing wildly.

Comment

Schoolin???
              A cowardly liar...

Never once insinuated Toney has a bad defense. However his defense is overrated.

Right, you're telling Toney doesn't load up his punches? So what was he doing when he was following Reggie Johnson around the ring and trying to land one huge right and missing wildly?

What exactly have I made up?

Comment

toney doesnt load up and was one of the most relaxed fighters in the ring.
                I dont pay attention to ScrapIronStan
                Ok, Toney doesn't load up punches

This guy's existence is a true fantasy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Right, you're telling Toney doesn't load up his punches? So what was he doing when he was following Reggie Johnson around the ring and trying to land one huge right and missing wildly?

What exactly have I made up?
                  you also avoided when I asked you who fought tougher opposition at 160...obviously it was toney

you press issues you have an agenda about but avoid questions you are asked...signs of a coward

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Ok, Toney doesn't load up punches

This guy's existence is a true fantasy.
                    let me break it down....compared to the average fighter, he doesnt load up as often as other fighters

he throw short crisp shots most times

Comment

you also avoided when I asked you who fought tougher opposition at 160...obviously it was toney

you press issues you have an agenda about but avoid questions you are asked...signs of a coward
                      How did I avoid your question when I've answered it?

Toney had better competition at his stay at MW. I've answered that multiple times now. What's your point?

Now you answer me this;

If the Lineal title is the only title that matters and the WBO is a bogus title then how was fighting Tarver the Lineal LHW champion worse than fighting Calzaghe the WBO champion at SMW?

Comment

Working...
                      X