No announcement yet.

Anthony Joshua vs Wladamir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
    Here's a photo from their sparring session. This video sure isn't it. he sparred with wlad during the Pulev camp and it was in Kiltschko camp.

Lol look at how light Joshua's legs are compared to his arms

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
      I've already seen that interview but don't believe it tbh
      Is that the interview wherehe had black fingernails and was outside? Lol. I don't believe it either. I think he was just being optimistic.. but Wlad has literally sparred with damn near every name inthe heavyweight division right now so who knows.

Comment

there's a big difference in natural size. joshua has a built up look. sure, he's a big guy, but he's not klitschko big. look at the hands, the head and neck, the bones in general. the bones don't grow the way muscles do when you build them up.

klitschko is a truely giant man. joshua is a very big guy. there's a difference.

klitschko's lenght and height are what give him his biggest advantage by virtue of his size. the only other argument you can make is that he uses his height to smother shorter opponents by draping an arm over them an leaning on them. he doesn't use his size to impose his power until a man is ready to go, and he doesn't have the chin of his brother, another truly giant HW.

sure, he's a hard punher, but he's conservative with his power. he's also not very strong chinned, something else we associate with being so goddamn big. he uses the ring and his jab. when he gets in range, he usually only throws one big shot before holding.

i like joshua. i think he's got a lot of talent. he's certanly big enough. he's tall, has long arms, decent sized bones, and he's muscular. what is he, 230-240 lbs? 6'5" ish? that's big enough for the big enough division.

there are other things working against him, namely age and experience. he's going to keep growing, and he's going to keep learning.

he won't beat klitschko as a professional. that's a prediction, obviously, but one about which i am confident. discounting the skills, size, etc, the timing isn't there. joshua is too young, and i think wladimir will be retired in two years. maybe i'm wrong with that, but i'd venture that wladimir has stuff going for him that will lead to a productive life outside of boxing. the guy has a freaking PHD, FFS. i'm applying to graduate school and it's making my head spin.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          there's a big difference in natural size. joshua has a built up look. sure, he's a big guy, but he's not klitschko big. look at the hands, the head and neck, the bones in general. the bones don't grow the way muscles do when you build them up.

klitschko is a truely giant man. joshua is a very big guy. there's a difference.

klitschko's lenght and height are what give him his biggest advantage by virtue of his size. the only other argument you can make is that he uses his height to smother shorter opponents by draping an arm over them an leaning on them. he doesn't use his size to impose his power until a man is ready to go, and he doesn't have the chin of his brother, another truly giant HW.

sure, he's a hard punher, but he's conservative with his power. he's also not very strong chinned, something else we associate with being so goddamn big. he uses the ring and his jab. when he gets in range, he usually only throws one big shot before holding.

i like joshua. i think he's got a lot of talent. he's certanly big enough. he's tall, has long arms, decent sized bones, and he's muscular. what is he, 230-240 lbs? 6'5" ish? that's big enough for the big enough division.

there are other things working against him, namely age and experience. he's going to keep growing, and he's going to keep learning.

he won't beat klitschko as a professional. that's a prediction, obviously, but one about which i am confident. discounting the skills, size, etc, the timing isn't there. joshua is too young, and i think wladimir will be retired in two years. maybe i'm wrong with that, but i'd venture that wladimir has stuff going for him that will lead to a productive life outside of boxing. the guy has a freaking PHD, FFS. i'm applying to graduate school and it's making my head spin.
          This **** is back with a vintage NE post

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            The 1st guy he sparred or 2nd?
            The first guy,the guy who's wearing black and has the black Lonsdale boots on.

Edit-Infact it looks like Matt Skelton.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              Here's a photo from their sparring session. This video sure isn't it. he sparred with wlad during the Pulev camp and it was in Kiltschko camp.

that kid must be a giant................

Comment

Isn't Joshua the second guy with the blue vest? The first one wearing black certainly isn't Joshua, if that's what the OP thought.

Comment

Both sparring partners are black? Unless OP thought the lighter skinned Joshua was Wlad? Confused..

Comment

Working...
                  X