No announcement yet.

2 things from the Froch - Bute fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
    no way froch can make 164 lbs without seriously impairing his abilities. At 160 Froch would be a dead man walking.

I agree about Ward, he wins, but his style is boring and ugly to watch. he doesn't have one fight that I would rewatch.
    They were discussing this in depth last night, Froch can easily make 160.

He stays at 170lbs in his off-months and weighed in a few days before the fight at 167 with all of his training gear on. Froch walks around at less than basically every middleweight, let alone super-middle's.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      i heard nobody gives a crap about khan over there.
      You heard wrong Khan is a much bigger star in the UK than Froch.
      (not that he deserves to be)
      Last edited by -Lowkey-; 05-27-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        They were discussing this in depth last night, Froch can easily make 160.

He stays at 170lbs in his off-months and weighed in a few days before the fight at 167 with all of his training gear on. Froch walks around at less than basically every middleweight, let alone super-middle's.
        lol no chance a 34 year old career super middleweight can make 160 Froch is a big SMW.

Froch has great conditioning and brilliant stamina, because he doesn't need to cut weight and he stays in shape in between fights. Cutting weight at this stage in his career would be a dumb move Froch will be moving up in weight if anything not down.

Comment

Bute has always been able to hit, why is this a suprise to anyone? As I've always said, he is a 1 trick pony. He has a great counter uppercut.

Magee tagged the hell out of him before he pulled it out. Miranda was competitive with him before he pulled it out, etc etc. He's got a great counter upper, it turns lights out. Up until that point, he never impresses.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
            lol no chance a 34 year old career super middleweight can make 160 Froch is a big SMW.

Froch has great conditioning and brilliant stamina, because he doesn't need to cut weight and he stays in shape in between fights. Cutting weight at this stage in his career would be a dumb move Froch will be moving up in weight if anything not down.
            He could make it.

I never said he was going to move down as there is no need for him to do it and it wouldn't do him any good, but if need be, he could fight at 160. According to some of them last night, he was under 165lbs at points in this camp. At times like that, even at peak condition, proper carb-cycling and macros could allow him to hit 160 before having to take any of the drastic measures and worry about rehydration problems.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
              You heard wrong Khan is a much bigger star in the UK than Froch.
              (not that he deserves to be)
              i've read numerous comments and articles online saying white brits don't support him because he's a pakistani and a muslim. he's also hated on for being an arrogant cunt that has plenty of ******ed things to say about his fights and ricky hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                i've read numerous comments and articles online saying white brits don't support him because he's a pakistani and a muslim. he's also hated on for being an arrogant cunt that has plenty of ******ed things to say about his fights and ricky hatton.
                Again, you heard wrong.

Khan has his people who dislike him, he also has a huge following. Much more than Carl Froch.

You ask anyone in the UK who Amir Khan is, whether you're a Child, Teen, Young adult, Middle aged, or 90 years old, they will know who he is.

You ask 90% of people in the UK who Carl Froch is, they most likely won't have heard of him.

Amir Khan is a star in the UK. Carl Froch is the polar opposite.

Comment

Working...
                X