Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far you think Mayweather can go up in weight and still wi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd fans make ouut he can do anythng but tell floyd to fight sergio at 154 and they protest why should he fight a middleweight?

theres no reasoning with some people. If he cherry picks the right opponent im sure he could win a middleweight title, but he seems a little scared of fighting a decent 154 guy whose maybe campaigned and been succesful at that weight for a long time.

Comment

A one way trip to 160 to take the championship from Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
        No higher then '54. Hell he won't even fight the best @ 54.
        like who???cause he just beat the
        #1 fighter there

Comment

I think he could beat some fighters at 154 and 160 but he is not the best at any weight over 147.I don't think anyone can beat him at 147 but I think Canelo and Martinez can beat him at 154 and Chavez, Pirog, Murray and Golovkin would probably beat him at 160. He is almost 36 years old and not a big welterweight. I think he will compete at welterweight and not fight bigger men but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            #1 fighter there
            Who Cotto? How the heck was he #1 at 154? Who did he beat to get that distinction?

Comment

#1 fighter there
              Cotto, despite being my favorite fighter, was not the best fighter at 154, the most popular? Yes possibly besides Canelo. But not the best he beat Yuri Foreman, Mayorga, and Margarito. Not exactly a murderers row.

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Who Cotto? How the heck was he #1 at 154? Who did he beat to get that distinction?
              Oh don't you know? Floyd only fights the #1 in each division.

Comment

#1 fighter there
                I'm a Cotto fan and I'll even say Cotto didn't prove he was the best at 154 (as evident now). He was the biggest "name" (as was De La Hoya at 154 after only fighting twice in close to 3 yrs and still ranked #1) but Trout technically was the 1st live 154lber he'd fought...and he lost.

Comment

@thread starter

How far can Floyd go up ..... lol

Floyd CANNOT even win where he is at right now, which is 154, let alone climb any higher. Whats wrong with you man? Seriously??? WTF

Sergio Martinez brutally KO's Floyd at 154. At the 150 catch weight, Sergio brutally UD's Floyd in epic fashion.

So, to answer your question.... the highest weight Floyd can climb to and win is ONLY 147. Period.

Regards,

Comment

I think he could go up to 160 and possibly win a title there.

He'd be tiny though, weigh in at like 155, 156 lbs. Probably even less.

Similar to when Jose Napoles moved to 160.

Comment

There are jr middleweights that could probably beat him as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                      X