No announcement yet.

why are Americans and brits so brainwashed about Iran and Venezuela

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Tunney-
    Well, since squealpiggy brought up YOUR place of employment, so I thought I'd remind everyone of where HE works.
    Look I know you have a hard-on for me but we're trying to have a reasonable discussion about politics here so please leave your sordid fantasies at the door if you wish to contribute, and if you don't wish to contribute then just go and make some more Klitschko threads in NSB and leave us alone, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      The biggest market for everything produced in Canada is the US. I think you'd be lying to yourself if you pretended that Canada didn't get anything out of our relationship with our big fat rich ******ed cousin to the south.
      correct again...I would be lying to myself...I just feel as canadians that we should be reaping alot more rewards for our resources.cheaper gas,oil, water,power,etc.... No reason for our energysector jobs to be going south.I make a good living & yes the states sinking $ into oilsands is contributing to my livelihood but when we have the 2nd biggest oil supply in the world,then why are we not frontrunners in developement? We just cater to the states & give them sweetheart deals so they profit & we don't..

Comment

Forget all this discussion bout geopolitik etc. I want hear about Joe's recent Cuba trip!....

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          correct again...I would be lying to myself...I just feel as canadians that we should be reaping alot more rewards for our resources.cheaper gas,oil, water,power,etc.... No reason for our energysector jobs to be going south.I make a good living & yes the states sinking $ into oilsands is contributing to my livelihood but when we have the 2nd biggest oil supply in the world,then why are we not frontrunners in developement? We just cater to the states & give them sweetheart deals so they profit & we don't..
          We do profit though! Canada has a tiny market but still came out of the recession without taking anywhere near as much of a hit as anyone else.

I've heard talk now about a slight panic because Canada is no longer leading the race out of recession but this is not a surprise to me. Canada doesn't have a big enough economy to lead shit-all but because of good financial regulation we were able to sustain the damage better than anyone else. Let the yanks have their boom and bust cycle. Slow and steady means higher pay and better living standards!

Comment

We WERE having a reasonable discussion here until you came in the thread and used your usual unfair tactic of getting personal and basically saying Joe has no insight and no right to an opinion because he works in the oil sands.
            I made the first reply to this thread. Joe said that he has better insight into geopolitics because he works at the oil sands and seemed to be suggesting that my opinion had no value because of this. I refuted this claim. You made some gay comment.

I'm happy to let this go now because the topic at hand is a serious one that doesn't warrant being hijacked by one of your petty feuds. I'm really hope that you agree with me on this.

Comment

if anyone gets a chance to watch or read BBC's recent interview with hugo Chavez you might find it interesting.he was very articulate in his answers from the press & never avoided anything.he actually made the interviewer look foolish a couple times.yes he might be a little hard on political opposition but what country isn't? Our govt leaders just use slander in their elections instead of telling us what they will do for you...Iranian president last year had a good interview with larry king as well...maybe anyone interested can find those interviews...they are 2 countries who don't bend over backwards for the states & UN so they get **** on & really there are places in Africa that could use some UN attention but they don't have oil or uranium so they are not a priority...let the rebels kill each other & commit genocide...why spend the extra money if we don't get nothing out of it? Maybe it's just me...

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney-
                We WERE having a reasonable discussion here until you came in the thread and used your usual unfair tactic of getting personal and basically saying Joe has no insight and no right to an opinion because he works in the oil sands.

So I countered that by pointing out where you work.

You always resort to personal attacks because you're incapable of having a "reasonable" discussion.
                actually squelpiggy is a very articulate & insightful person.I'm enjoying our discussion on these topics

Comment

There is more oil in Canada than there is in Venezuela and Iran together. Your point is moot.

Not even close,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...n_oil_reserves

Canada 178 Billion Barrels of Oil
                  Iran 150 Billion Barrels of Oil
                  Venezuela 98 Billion Barrels of Oil

Comment

We do profit though! Canada has a tiny market but still came out of the recession without taking anywhere near as much of a hit as anyone else.

I've heard talk now about a slight panic because Canada is no longer leading the race out of recession but this is not a surprise to me. Canada doesn't have a big enough economy to lead shit-all but because of good financial regulation we were able to sustain the damage better than anyone else. Let the yanks have their boom and bust cycle. Slow and steady means higher pay and better living standards!
                    yes you are right we did recover quickly & slow & steady is better.we do only have 34 million in Canada & that is the state of new yorks population.you are on the ball this morning squel...LOL!

Comment

yes he might be a little hard on political opposition but what country isn't? Our govt leaders just use slander in their elections instead of telling us what they will do for you
                      There's a huge difference between using dirty political slander and simply having your political opponents and their supporters arrested.

As for Ahmedinejad, he keeps saying ridiculous things so it's no wonder he's considered ridiculous. I'm more concerned about the Mullahs than I am about their pet clown.

Comment

Working...
                      X