"Thurman better than GGG" ~ Oscar De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
    Lmfao. Your sig is hilarious.

On topic, I don't know what context he used it in but Thurman appears to be more well rounded in an undeniably deeper division.
    Thanks bro. Yeah man, I think Thurman is more exciting to watch.

Comment

I don't see Thurman as more well rounded. Once he realizes he can't knock you out, he usually just gets on his bike. GGG creates openings to get knockouts, Thurman mainly relies on speed, somewhat like Khan, but not quite.

Comment

Thurman can fight going backwards, has better defence and reflexes, better speed. GGG is stronger, better inside game, takes a better punch, hits harder and is better than Thurman when on the front foot.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        They're both half white.

GGG isn't even of Kazakh extraction, he's Russian and Korean. He was born and raised in Kazakhstan though.
        Russian and Korean both fall under 'white', white is a skin colour, it has nothing to do with where you're from.

Comment

Oscar says that about everyone of his fighters, that they are the best( What else can he say) Thurman may be, I sure wish they were in the same weight class, it would be fun to see a fight between the two. Too bad it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Nah. Thurman is good but he'll never be a GGG type talent. He's already hit his ceiling.
            Say what??? Keith Thurman is 26 years old with 117 amateur fights.

GGG is 32 years old with 350 amateur fights. How in the hell has Thurman reached his ceiling, but not GGG????

P.S. Big fans of both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
              Thurman can fight going backwards, has better defence and reflexes, better speed. GGG is stronger, better inside game, takes a better punch, hits harder and is better than Thurman when on the front foot.

Russian and Korean both fall under 'white', white is a skin colour, it has nothing to do with where you're from.
              No matter which direction Thurman fights, he's still not as complete a fighter as GGG.

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
              Say what??? Keith Thurman is 26 years old with 117 amateur fights.

GGG is 32 years old with 350 amateur fights. How in the hell has Thurman reached his ceiling, but not GGG????

P.S. Big fans of both fighters.
              I like Thurman too, but I haven't seen any improvement with him. I don't think he's going to improve much, if any, from here. GGG's ceiling has become quite a bit higher.

Comment

Working...
              X