No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Looking For a "Wow" Performance on 12/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
    I find it hilarious that Khan says that Joan Guzman wasn't a big enough name, then he digs up a second Carlos Molina that noone even knew existed

On top of that, Molina is like 3 or 4 inches shorter haha

AND has only fought at lightweight.
    seriously. khan is a joke and a half. his best asset is without a shadow of a doubt his mouth. he has some serious mic skills and charisma, too bad that doesn't equate to being a fighter...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      seriously. khan is a joke and a half. his best asset is without a shadow of a doubt his mouth. he has some serious mic skills and charisma, too bad that doesn't equate to being a fighter...
      I disagree I think he has good skills sets and can become champion again. He just has to be smart and not let his arrogance or pride get in the way. From the Garcia fight, I watched Garcia finish each exchange that Khan started. I think this frustrated Khan because those types of fights can go either way in some judges eyes. He became agressive and paid the price. It wasn't so much Khan being a bad fighter because he wasn't, I had him winning on my scorecard, but It was more of Garcia's ring intelligence. People seem to fail to notice that, and I think that was very smart on his behalf. I give credit where it's due.

Comment

Alexander vs Khan should be next.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          I disagree I think he has good skills sets and can become champion again. He just has to be smart and not let his arrogance or pride get in the way. From the Garcia fight, I watched Garcia finish each exchange that Khan started. I think this frustrated Khan because those types of fights can go either way in some judges eyes. He became agressive and paid the price. It wasn't so much Khan being a bad fighter because he wasn't, I had him winning on my scorecard, but It was more of Garcia's ring intelligence. People seem to fail to notice that, and I think that was very smart on his behalf. I give credit where it's due.
          I disagree fully. I think khan stopped being a good fighter when he thought he was a boxing king. he can be a champ again, by becoming a very technical and some would say "boring" fighter , and he is too arrogant to let that happen, so he'll keep fighting his way, getting KOd, blaming others, and switching trainers. does he have skills to be a champ? maybe. does he know how to use them? not even close!

Comment

On the contrary Speedkills, I think Khan's mouth is a bigger liability than his chin. And I say that as a loyal fan of his.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
              On the contrary Speedkills, I think Khan's mouth is a bigger liability than his chin. And I say that as a loyal fan of his.
              whatever you say. khans mouth is his biggest skill, and I say that as a loyal hater of his

Comment

Well one of the main reasons so many people hate him is because of the idiotic **** he comes out with in the press. That's why he'll never be popular like Ricky Hatton.

Comment

I disagree fully. I think khan stopped being a good fighter when he thought he was a boxing king. he can be a champ again, by becoming a very technical and some would say "boring" fighter , and he is too arrogant to let that happen, so he'll keep fighting his way, getting KOd, blaming others, and switching trainers. does he have skills to be a champ? maybe. does he know how to use them? not even close!
                  I see your point. I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I do agree he needs to be humbled before he could be a great fighter, but again if 2 KO's hasn't done it, then I don't see anything else doing it lol. I reserve further judgement until I see him fight in December but even then because of the opponent we won't see how much he really improved.

Comment

khan is done at the elite level. he will have a wow performance I am sure, because this fight was made exactly for that reason. when he faces someone his own size, he goes down. he just will never be on top, no matter how badly he thinks he is there or has been there.
                    Khan was never an "elite" fighter though, well at least not in my interpretation of the word. He's still a top 10 LWW, and I have no doubt that teaming up with Virgil Hunter will be a productive partnership. He has a lot of rebuilding to do, but he's young enough to do so.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 11-01-2012, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                      I do not want to sound like a hater here - BUT, YOU CAN'T HAVE A WOW PERFORMANCE AGAINST A LIGHT HITTING 135 FIGHTER!!! Even if Khan looks sensational, it's meaningless at 140. It'd be like me battering a midget and bragging about my performance.
                      I don't know where people got that misconception but Carlos Molina had more fights above 135 than Khan has. I think people must just look at what the fighter weighed in his last fight on boxrec and then assume that's his usual weight. Truth is Molina fought more Light welterweights than Khan did.

Comment

Working...
                      X