Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Sr. was nothing but a brawler with no defense or boxing skills...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tesla_power View Post
    I'll just jump in and say IMO Winky is not an offensive minded fighter. There is a reason why he fights in that high guard. Very well noted in defense, not that impressive in offence except for a very good jab.
    Winky had a good jab, followed by a straight left and right hook to the ribs...

He may not have been the most powerful puncher, but that didn't take away from the fact that he had a sound offensive attack behind a great defense....

If Winky was more powerful, of course he would've had more KO's. But the fact that he didn't KO a lot of people, no one remembers anything except his jab. Which is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Too bad thats how most people view him, as a brawler

Same with Hagler
      Hagler's was one of my favs but I would have to lean towards brawler moreso than Chavez. He is definitely a guy who was willing to take one or two to mount his offense. Thats just my definition of a brawler type. Its not a knock but defense and Marvin Hagler rarely come in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Hagler's was one of my favs but I would have to lean towards brawler moreso than Chavez. He is definitely a guy who was willing to take one or two to mount his offense. Thats just my definition of a brawler type. Its not a knock but defense and Marvin Hagler rarely come in the same sentence.
        This is just wrong, Hagler had a very good defense and worked well behind one of the finest right jabs of all time (probably only second to Whitaker).

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
          This is just wrong, Hagler had a very good defense and worked well behind one of the finest right jabs of all time (probably only second to Whitaker).
          All we have to do is look at his most famous fight with SRL. Im not saying his defense was terrible. He did have a good jab but he was better at cutting the ring to get inside to work his body attack. He had a hard head and didnt mind taking one off the noggin to land a harder one to the body. What classification of boxer would you say he falls under?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            Yea right you dumb fukers...

His inside fighting, movement and instincts were amazing. He might have been the most accurate puncher ever when you consider a guy who throws that many shots.
            Only ******ed ass *****s say **** like Chavez and Duran had no defense and no Boxing skills and say they were just wild brawlers.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
              His defense was much better than the averge Mexican,but still not that good. Most mexican FIGHTERS dont even know what the word defense means. They are come forward offensive power house machines. Thier whole game is about inflicting punishment on thier opponant. Sr was a brutal two fisted killer who didnt give a **** about getting hit. His speacialty, that most do not mention was his body punching. Sr. hurt people really bad by beating them in the body, causing thier legs to freeze and energy to deplete, forcing them into a brawl. Chavez Sr. was one of World's Greatest soldiers!
              First off, are you that insecure that you feel no one will listen to you unless you type in HUGE font with colored bolded letters? Do you realize that you are that much of a clown, that no one will listen to you, so you have to do use huge fonts lol

Yes, Mexican fighters are known to be brawlers, but they can be damn good "boxers" as well.

Calm down and relax man, it's going to be ok lol

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                All we have to do is look at his most famous fight with SRL. Im not saying his defense was terrible. He did have a good jab but he was better at cutting the ring to get inside to work his body attack. He had a hard head and didnt mind taking one off the noggin to land a harder one to the body. What classification of boxer would you say he falls under?
                That is absolutely ******ed, anyone who has seen a lot of Hagler knows that his 2 most famous fights (Leonard and Hearns) were out of character for him, not to mention he was past prime in that fight. Most of the time he would methodically break down opponents behind his excellent jab and counter without taking much damage. He didn't really have one classification because he was so versatile but you could call him a counter-puncher.

Comment

Dude who do you think your fooling? Everybody who reads on BS knows that you dont know **** about boxing! You never owned anybody, your logic is stupid and ignorant. You say bull**** pretending to understand my sport but you sound like a fool! Anybody who knows and understands boxing will side with me on most topics, surley they would side with me on the difference between a defensive and offensive fighter! You my friend are an ignorant fool in the sweet sport of boxing! Now go away or watch MMA/UFC. Over there you could pretend your way around boxing , but over here on BS you are dealing with professional die hard fans. You'll never get away with the dumb **** you say!

Hey guys, BoxingGenius27 doesn't know $h1t about boxing, but look at SweetScience100 sucking him off:

My point exactly! These newbees to the game dont know ****! I wish they would watch more UFC, cause thier spreading bull**** about my sport. Im sure thier at work,school,church, etc etc telling people bull**** about boxing. Acting like they know the sport and they dont know ****!
                  I agree 100%!

Comment

Bumpa dee bump bump.

Comment

EVERY FIGHTER HAS DEFENSIVE SKILLS.

IT'S ALL A MATTER ON WHETHER THEY WANT TO USE THAT SKILL OR NOT.

You guys saying he doesn't have skill is just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                      X