Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Kell Brook is 147? No Way - He is My Size!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    That was an IBF title fight at 147 with a 10lb rehydration limit.

Trust me, Kell isn't going to be 156 on fight night vs GGG. He says he's going to be a couple of pounds over 160 and GGG will probably be around 170 again.

As this is also an IBF title fight there will be a second weigh in at noon fightday and both men will have to be 170 or under. My prediction for the fightday weights: Brook 163/4, GGG 169
    Yeah, you like those 69s when it comes to triple asswipe huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      and ggg's fans will dance to this tune and scream pfp 1

guys, wait a minute........what happened? i don't get this anymore. back in the 80's and 90's boxers would be HATED for this kinda garbage? how in the living hell do golovkin have so many apologist? this is a mockery to the sport and a disgrace. a all out shameful bout. you know what they would call this fight in the 60's? a circus show.......

i have no clue why A significant amount of people forgive golovkin for this trash. it's just mind boggling. golovkin can do things like this and say things like this (while feeling comfortable) because his fans support every and any crap from him. and they BABY him......in realty they were never confident in him fighting the wards of the world. so they b*tched complained changed stories around and trolled him out of that fight. babying him. why is golovkin so babied by his fans?

he has grown into what his fans fought for..........A spoiled wide head baby.
      How little you know of boxing history. During the 60's 70's and 80's WW's fighting for the MW title was no big deal at all.

Duran came up from LW to WW then moved up again to fight Hagler for the MW title. Tommy Hearns was a 6' 1" WW who later won a world title at LHW.

Brook is a huge WW who fought at SWW early in his career. Nobody hates GGG for fighting him except a few trolls who hate GGG whatever he does.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
        I hope he does lol.
        I'm what's known at this site as a Golovtard, but I'm also from the UK, so I'm probably going to end up rooting for Brook in this fight, same as I ended up rooting for Murray when he fought GGG. How awesome it would be for UK boxing if Brook pulled this off!
        Last edited by kafkod; 08-03-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

'This is great fight for me, you know, great big fight, big drama show. He is very good box, good power, this is present for my public'

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            No need to defend yourself GGG we know brook is a 154 to 160 guy. He is like nelo, drains himself doiwn to beat little guys.
            The fact that he can beat ww's whilst in a drained condition shows he is special
            He will be stronger at 160
            He may drain himself but he has never fought a middlweight fighter.

That is a fact you huggers can't ignore or avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              How little you know of boxing history. During the 60's 70's and 80's WW's fighting for the MW title was no big deal at all.

Duran came up from LW to WW then moved up again to fight Hagler for the MW title. Tommy Hearns was a 6' 1" WW who later won a world title at LHW.

Brook is a huge WW who fought at SWW early in his career. Nobody hates GGG for fighting him except a few trolls who hate GGG whatever he does.
              What are you talking about?? A lot of people have completely turned their backs on him. GayLoveKin himself said that brook was "too small". Why do you always defend that clown?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                GGG's team needs to do a way better job getting top opponents. Unfortunately, they are all ducking him, so they deserve blame first, not him.

But, he could be doing more to shame them into fighting him, in my opinion. His promoter has just been way too nice to everyone who has ducked him. "Oh, you know me and Oscar get along so well, and there's so much respect, blah blah blah, Canelo didn't want to take the fight right now, it's his career, Oscar wants to make it bigger, we have a great relationship, everything's so great, I don't care that GGG's career is rotting away as he ages, blah blah blah, so much respect."

That's not an exact quote lol, obviously, not close, but it's that same type of bullisht. His team should be doing more to shame these guys. To demand the WBA force Jacobs to fight him now. All of that.

So yes, I blame GGG's team, absolutely.

#1. I blame everyone ducking GGG. That always has to come first. If we criticized them as much as we criticized GGG, they wouldn't have had the support necessary to duck GGG in the first place, and then we wouldn't even be here.

#2. But we are here, so I also blame GGG's team.

With that said, as I join in with all the PBC fans and begin to lower my standards to boxing's level in 2016, this fight could be a fun sideshow. It will be fun to see GGG in the U.K. for the first time. It will be fun to see boxing in front of like 80,000 people again. Atmosphere is so important in boxing, you rarely see it, so I'm hoping, provided HBO actually balances the ring mics and the crowd mics correctly this time, unlike other trips to the U.K., THIS IS A BIG IF HBO GET IT RIGHT WE NEED TO HEAR THE PUNCHES BUT ALSO THE CROWD!, if HBO gets it right, the atmosphere alone is going to make this a fun night. Because it's going to play into the other thing, which is going to be how long can Kell Brook survive? Can he start to have success at all? Canelo-Khan was a mismatch, but it was very suspenseful and entertaining for awhile, because of the tight rope aspect. Kell Brook will be walking a tight rope. That will be suspenseful. Kell Brook will also be fighting at 160 for the first time. That will be new and intriguing to see. GGG has decimated middleweights, and now he will be fighting a welterweight, albeit a huge welterweight. What will his power look like against a big welterweight or more like a junior middleweight? That will be new, also. Another mystery we will have unveiled for us September 10th.

So unfortunately this fight has very little implications for legacy. But in terms of spectacle, in terms of entertainment, in terms of intrigue, in terms of atmosphere, given that everyone ****ing ducked him, this is at least going to fun. We could have ended up with Matt Korobov or something, and it wouldn't have had any of those intriguing aspects.
                Nobody is ducking GGG...they are ducking those low-ball numbers he's throwing at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                  What are you talking about?? A lot of people have completely turned their backs on him. GayLoveKin himself said that brook was "too small". Why do you always defend that clown?
                  Complexion

Comment

Brook/Golovkin is a money grab that's ment to break Golovkin into the UK market. On top of that it was a last second deal after being locked in on Eubank for nearly a month.

All that said, Brook is a hell of a lot closer in size to Golovkin than Khan was to Alvarez or Corey Spinks was to Jermain Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      Last edited by kafkod; 08-03-2016, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X