No announcement yet.

Some Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Questions

What can I do to improve weight shifting?
    Is there any use in bicep training? some people I've asked say yes some say no.
    Also what exactly is and how do you do the punch called the Smash?

Originally posted by ad98 View Post
    Also what exactly is and how do you do the punch called the Smash?
    I forgot what my coach said about weight shifting i do it naturally now. curls for bicep muscles. the smash is a punch that razor ruddock made apparently i've never bothered to watch any of his fights but i've seen it in anime hajime no ippo and it suggest you don't even try to learn it because one from what i have seen it is an ordinary uppercut just from a ****ed up angle.

Comment

Only practice. There is no special exercise. Maybe you can put on some weight on yourself for more resistance.

I was practicing weight shifting for a month, 3 minutes every hour, basically everywhere: at work / at home. So now the speed and smoothness of the movement improved significantly. Hope it helps!

Well, if you have bad technique - the bicep size does not matter. However, when everything else is equal with your opponents, the shear power can give you a little bit of extra you need.

Comment

Do a lot of stretching and fast shadowboxing to stay loose

Comment

what do you mean by weight shifting? usually, it's where you transfer most of your weight from one foot to the other and doing so creates momentum that you can use in your punch

Comment

Working...
          X