Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Equalizer: Denzel Washington Is A Must Watch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw it........Denzel doing what he loves to do very often now days.....same old guy.

Better than Training Day.....n*gga please haha

It's an Alright movie. Nothing special but certainly not bad. Denzel has a few stand out moments, but mainly more of the same. His performance in Flight was 100x better IMO.

Comment

Rotten tomatoes gave it a shyt rating. But I'll catch it anyways.....

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        This was a very violent movie. It's not better than Man on Fire or Training Day IMO but it's worth going to see. You usually can't go wrong with Denzel Washington.
        It might be a bit over the top especially for those not used to seeing Denzel in ultra violent scenes. All in all, it is worth a watch.

I have zero doubt many will watching it 2 and 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Saw it........Denzel doing what he loves to do very often now days.....same old guy.

It's an Alright movie. Nothing special but certainly not bad. Denzel has a few stand out moments, but mainly more of the same. His performance in Flight was 100x better IMO.
          I didn't say it was better than Training Day. I wouldn't say it's Academy Award worthy. It's just different.

Many Denzel fans will find that he pushes the envelope as far as showcasing his hand-to-hand combat skills more so than the patented dialogue.

The fact that the fight scenes were excellent as well, will have many going back to watch it a second time.

It's really good.

Comment

Denzel's past it as an actor IMO. Its just Denzel being Denzel. I might check this out though.

Also check out Nicholas Cage in JOE

Cage is definitely back.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

true....every old actor gets to a point where they are just a parody of themselves. It happened with De Niro and Pacino.

Comment

Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
                Denzel's past it as an actor IMO. Its just Denzel being Denzel. I might check this out though.

Also check out Nicholas Cage in JOE

Cage is definitely back.
                Originally posted by George Orwell View Post
                true....every old actor gets to a point where they are just a parody of themselves. It happened with De Niro and Pacino.
                De Niro and Pacino are dinosaurs. De Niro blew his wad on great performances then veered into the comedy genre with some success.

Pacino did less of the comedy stuff, though.

Denzel's showing his age a bit, but he's still got a few more box office busting hits to make.

I don't see him making kiddie comedy movies like Arnold and Stallone have.

Comment

Working...
                X