Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long range vertical fist shovel hook: The great southpaw killer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soju View Post
    Ah yeah Floyd's here now shouting messy work is easy work while his boys clean up

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Is Broner cleaning up the cans?

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
      Tried this myself. I guarantee it works. You need to utilise full upper body strength by squeezing your pecs
      It's a lost art which only a chosen few are able to pull off. Is AlexKid worthy?
      Last edited by kiDynamite92; 12-31-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
        The most effective way to throw that punch is by first pulling your hand out of your glove, lubing up your hand and thrusting it right up your arse in a vertical angle. Then you use the kinetic energy stored in your ass to send a jab so powerful to your opponent that it knocks you both out. Don't believe me? Just try it!
        I lol'd that was good.

Comment

Long range uppercuts can have serious repercussions if you miss.

Just watch when buster douglas tried one vs evander holyfield, and evander knocking him out

Really risky punch, especially for novice fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Long range uppercuts can have serious repercussions if you miss.

Just watch when buster douglas tried one vs evander holyfield, and evander knocking him out

Really risky punch, especially for novice fighters
            Thanks, is it even a real punch the long range rear vertical fist shovel/uppercut? Or does it just become a vertical fist cross?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
              Thanks, is it even a real punch the long range rear vertical fist shovel/uppercut? Or does it just become a vertical fist cross?
              I have no idea

Comment

It's an uppercut. IGood the hand is Palm facing up and vertical it's an uppercut. If it was a cross it would look like a cross goddamit

Comment

I swear this thread has my number. You see I'm a southpaw and I used to spar with this real lanky freak at my old gym (9 inch advantage), anyways im a pretty slow puncher and this guy had speed in spades. He was really unorthodox and did a lot of things "wrong" but he used the exact punch you described. He'd set up with the jab as I came in usually in response to my own jab as he pivoted to avoid my follow up. I would then usually drop and roll into a left hook and bam! His fist would come in at that weird angle and ,almost magically bop me right on the underside of my chin. Could never speed up my instep quick enough to outpace it, tried a lot of things coming in but they always left me open in other ways. Still I think he was only successful at it because of the large disparity between our atheleticism, size, etc." Sorry if this was a long explanation.

Comment

Working...
                  X