No announcement yet.

Your favourite trilogy of fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Zale v Rocky Graziano.

Look up the fights on youtube. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
      Vazquez vs Marquez were good if you ignore the 4th, which was meh

An Marquez/Pacquiao were all great.
      I pretend the 4th Vazquez/Marquez fight didn't happen, and that is my favorite trilogy. Great fights that ended great.

Comment

Bowe-Holy...Gatti-Ward...Marquez-Pac and of coure the Ali-Frazier three piece

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
          Tony Zale v Rocky Graziano.

Look up the fights on youtube. Trust me.

Could you link me to said fights? Its just I was lead to believe only one of the three remained.

Apparently only one fight is out there released (the 3rd encounter I believe), another is some grainy footage shot from afar believed to be not either man fighting though there was talks a private collector had either the first or second but wanted some ridiculous amount.

Maybe somebody in the history section will know better.
          Maybe I am thinking of another trilogy though I am sure I am not & read an article not long back on it.

Comment

Vicente Saldivar - Howard Winstone
            Bobby Chacon - Ruben Olivares
            Paul Banke - Daniel Zaragoza

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Could you link me to said fights? Its just I was lead to believe only one of the three remained.

Apparently only one fight is out there released (the 3rd encounter I believe), another is some grainy footage shot from afar believed to be not either man fighting though there was talks a private collector had either the first or second but wanted some ridiculous amount.

Maybe I am thinking of another trilogy though I am sure I am not & read an article not long back on it.
              Dan, I didn't even check for the links myself. I just remember seeing clips of the fights 20 or 25 years ago & being wowed by the body blows. In my memory I saw the ending to each of the three fights (on some boxing show/video) but there's a very good chance I am wrong & just saw the last fight while they described the earlier two. My main goal was to inform people of great fights from pre 1990.

I used to have a collection of old fights on video but that was back in England in the 80's & **** knows what happened to that.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

There's only highlights that exist of their 2nd bout and the full 3rd fight from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                  There's only highlights that exist of their 2nd bout and the full 3rd fight from what I've seen.
                  True. To my knowledge no footage exist of the first encounter.

As for the topic I have to go with Ali-Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
                    all of the mexican trilogies (barrera, marquez, morales) were dope

Other personal favorites:
                    Diego Corrales vs. Joel Casamayor
                    Roberto Duran vs. Esteban Dejesus
                    Humberto Gonzalez vs. Michael Carbajal
                    Just go ahead & do that then, pretty much solid gold list right here.

Comment

Gatti-Ward these two gave it 101% every time they fought...

Comment

Working...
                      X